2007 Honda Civic creates knocking noise in gear mode

civic72

I am a lady driver currently own and drive a 2007 Honda Civic VTI-L. I own the car since 2007 bought it new from the showroom.

My recently travel up to about 63k. It broke down recently in the middle of the road. The car was drivable only for a short distance. So I brought the car to a nearby workshop. They found out that my car had a broken fan belt. Later on, they found out the bolt holding the tensioner to the engine part broke into half. The other half was stuck in the engine part. After they replaced with a new tensioner and a fan belt. I now have 2 sets of problem.

Problem 1 - Everytime my car is in gear mode, the engine caused a knocking sound. It gets louder when the car starts to warm up. I brought it back to the workshop they tried fixing it, but they can't find anything wrong.

Problem 2 - Now, my steering wheel is a bit tight. It feels heavier when I am doing turnings.

Can anyone help me with these problems?

I really look forward for some help here.

Thanx,
Civic72

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Okay, for the steering make sure when they done the Accessory belt ( the one that originally snapped) they tightened the power steering belt too! If not it will feel extremely heavy! If no shop can find what is wrong with the car, bring it to Honda and see what they say, that the best bet if you don't wanna trouble shoot it yourself!

Othays

i would prob ending up selling the car. car that has problem like those and are from the showroom, will have more problems in the near future with something else.