2008 2.2 Civic - No heat from AC

fegieman

Hello

I've had my 2008 civic since August 2013. All fine until a couple of weeks ago.
I was travelling to work one morning and then noticed I was getting no heat from my air con.
To confirm , no warning lights are appearing on the dash. The engine heat gauge is just below the middle.
All oil , water and coolant are at the required levels. Currently around 80,500 miles on the clock.

The air con is blowing cold air through all the vents. The aircon buttons all work. The temp gauge control works on the dash (low,16 then 28,high) but setting the temp to any of these those not change the temp.

I brought it to my 3rd party mechanic but he couldn't find anything wrong.
He said there was an error code relating to the outside temp control but it is working correctly.

Has any one experienced an issue with no heat from the AC before?

***SORRY TRIED TO EDIT TITLE - THAT SHOULD SAY "NO HEAT FROM AC"

Last edited:

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why would you want heat to come out when the AC feature is on?..

fegieman

Ok , didn't think my post was going to be so confusing.

When I say AC I mean air conditioning.

When I turn the temp gauge from 16 to 28 degrees and any temp between those , the air coming our through the vents is stone cold air.

Does that clear it up?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What happens when you turn the knob to the heat?

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Air Conditioning = cold air

HEATER = hot air.

The only time the air from AC will blow HOT is when set to defrost (blows on the windshield to clear the "fog". Like in the early mornings during winter for example) If you want heat from the main vents, TURN OFF THE FRIGGEN AC! LOL

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Air Conditioning = cold air

HEATER = hot air.

The only time the air from AC will blow HOT is when set to defrost (blows on the windshield to clear the "fog". Like in the early mornings during winter for example) If you want heat from the main vents, TURN OFF THE FRIGGEN AC! LOL
haha I was so confused, haha