2008 Civic SI 4 door Modding

DoubleD32

Hey guys so I just bought a black si the other day and want to start modding it but have no clue where to start. im checking out an AEM short ram to throw in there but where else should i go to get the best output for my money? thx

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Skunk2 header and exhaust for power.

DMaldonado93

start small! but i would say stay away from the ram intake! it can actually make u loose power because it is sucking hot air in from the engine if you want an intake go with a cold air intake

Stock99ex

Willing to Learn
Registered VIP
Hondata Flashpro... by far the best for it. Get rid of that stupid rev hang sh*t!

DoubleD32

start small! but i would say stay away from the ram intake! it can actually make u loose power because it is sucking hot air in from the engine if you want an intake go with a cold air intake
problem with the cold air tho i live in colorado so all sorts of stuff would get up in the filter being that close to the ground...

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Scam. Have not heard of any good stories of chips. Only reason ppl think they give power is because your computer is telling your engine full throttle when you are going part throttle.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
start with a tune up

barrett

Registered VIP
Do a tune up to make sure engine is healthy. Then do CAI (I live in Manitoba cananda, my filter is 5" off the ground at most and I drive it thru snow, rain, anything) if you're that concerned about sucking something up get a hydro guard for like $30. Second Get an exhaust, it'll bolt up to your stock cat and give you the sound that you were looking for. After that do your header. It's a huge pain in the ass. After that you will want flashpro to make use of the mods you have. From what I remember, with basic bolt ons you'll be sitting at a little over 200whp with those depending on tune and elevation and such