young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tuned in for gas mileage. I know it's gonna be a minute, just sayin :P

Been browsing Craigslist looking at diesels here lately. Anything bad to be said about older vs newer diesels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tuned in for gas mileage. I know it's gonna be a minute, just sayin :P

Been browsing Craigslist looking at diesels here lately. Anything bad to be said about older vs newer diesels?

older ones have less emissions bullshit to deal with since the addition of urea and all that good stuff. other recommendations, fords suck, 7.3 was the only ok one.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I've been looking into a cummins but I'm worried about the dodge transmissions. May go with a duramax but seems like there's a lot less of those around me.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I've been looking into a cummins but I'm worried about the dodge transmissions. May go with a duramax but seems like there's a lot less of those around me.

cummins i personally think is the way to go, but they do make adpaters to bolt up an allison trans. unless you plan on making big power id say you would be fine. im not diesel expert though, i just work on them here and there at work. which is why i hate fords

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really depends on what your plans are for it. The weak point on the Dodge is the trans, but the duramax has independent front suspension instead of a straight axle like the ford and dodge.

But fords just suck d**k.

I love my dodge and if taken care of shouldnt have tranny problems...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well today i decided i was gonna put the subs i had in my old truck in my new truck.

Theyre mtx thunderforms and are designed for a 4 door dodge non mega cab, but nobody will buy them on craigslist so i decided to just throw them in.

I got em in and decided i would wite them up tomorrow and work on the mini instead.

So pics to follow tomorrow!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I have and I'm amazed. That's 4 times my gas tank on the civic, how long does it last your mom?
Well consider the civic gets 30mpg and the burb gets like 15mpg. Its the fully loaded version so its got max'd out everything.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well im still on my tank that i filled up two weeks ago. Sitting around 500 miles on it. Didnt write down mileage but i will figure mileage on my next tank for u guys.

I did get my new sticker though. Pretty excited about it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aww no mpg yet? :( what are you expecting?

And dope sticker!

sr6000

still a D
Sweet truck and for you all asking old vs new early 98 and older cummins were mechanical engines and to get away from crappy auto trans just get a manual. Mines a 96 Dodge Cummins Auto 197xxx and counting

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aww no mpg yet? :( what are you expecting?

And dope sticker!

Im hoping for around 15. Its bedn straight city driving and ive gotten on it pretty good a few times.

Next tank ill drive easier and hope for 17 mpg.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet truck and for you all asking old vs new early 98 and older cummins were mechanical engines and to get away from crappy auto trans just get a manual. Mines a 96 Dodge Cummins Auto 197xxx and counting
Thanks man. Cummins power!

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nice sticker, and here i thought my 21 gallon tank was a a hefty price to fill up,

sr6000

still a D
Crank that box up thats the best part about the electronic trucks, almost bout mt buddies 2000 5 spd cummins, At level 6 on his box it was too quick for a six thousand pound truck

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put my mtx thunderforms in. Doesnt sound as good as my old truck, but it better than nothin.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
I just got a box built for a megacab. Dropped it off a couple hours ago

Sorry I didn't want to get up from my desk

emerican

Registered VIP
that mpg really isnt all that bad
before the civic i was used to driving an old modded the hell out 302 in a heavy car it got like 10 mpg lol