2012 CBP Si Build

bluestar

Ninja Medic
Not going to be doing anything crazy but over next year as parts are released and money is available for them I will be adding to the car. Until later in year probable upgrades will be minor and inexpensive.

Engine
K24
HP 201
Tq 170

So far only mod is newly released k&n drop in filter. HP increase is minimal if any however acceraltion is smoother and sound is meatier. No short ram or cai intakes currently available so its a good buy for what it is.

Coming soon I plan on hid head lights and fogs.

JCwidow

Dude remember something :nopics:
soo put somes pics pls!!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
You could make your own CAI with piping from autozone or something. Even if it was just temporary you would still be the first to have one lol.

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
I wouldnt do that to a brand new car.... I was going to say the HP gains would be minimal if you made your own VS the drop in filter, but if the car is anything like the k series in earlier SI's then the intake and exhaust being opened up is a night and day difference.

Either way, i wouldnt put a hacked up autozone pipe on a brand new SI.. keep in clean. Im in for pics too!!

JustJustin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldnt do that to a brand new car.... I was going to say the HP gains would be minimal if you made your own VS the drop in filter, but if the car is anything like the k series in earlier SI's then the intake and exhaust being opened up is a night and day difference.

Either way, i wouldnt put a hacked up autozone pipe on a brand new SI.. keep in clean. Im in for pics too!!
I agree, don't go for an autozone intake. lol. I would just wait for the goodies to come out!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
haha I didn't mean some generic autozone intake. You can make your own from different bends, lengths, etc. that they sell, and it looks decent as long as its not chrome or you put an intake heat tape on it. Didn't mean to sound ricer...

bluestar

Ninja Medic
I would just rather wait for the intakes to come out then build my own... I'm working too much to build one right now anyways.