1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

2012 Civic window tint

Discussion in '9th Generation Honda Civic (2012-2015)' started by slkching, Jul 16, 2012.



Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.


  1. slkching

    slkching New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    MD
    I got a 2012 civic sedan and thinking of tinting my window. I know that MD requires a 35% LVT. I read through online that a 35% window tint does not work because the windows already block certain % of light. So i am just wondering what % does the non-tint window of civic block from sunlight. So i can see what % of tint i can put onto my civic.

    Thanks
     
  2. immajackuup

    immajackuup New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    Messages:
    1,775
    Location:
    houston texas
    35 tint does work,only cheap tint doesn't work.

    I have 35 front and 25 rear from dealership.
    [​IMG]
     
  3. Mysteryemotionz

    Mysteryemotionz New Member Registered VIP

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1,032
    Location:
    worcester
    What he means is the stock windows r already slightly tinted. If you add 35% to them it would actually be more then 35% and his state law is 35%. He wants to know what percent tint mixed with his stock tint will make 35%

    Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk
     
  4. immajackuup

    immajackuup New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    Messages:
    1,775
    Location:
    houston texas
    i think oem window is dye tinted 2%
     
  5. slkching

    slkching New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    MD
    thanks, because when i read through other sites, they said most window blocks 20% of the sunlight already, leaving just 80% LVT. If that holds true, then i can only have around 45% tint in order have above state law requirement. (45 * 0.8 = 36% VLT), so i just need clarification for that...=]
     


Share This Page