ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What does everyone plan on spending their tax return on this year?

For me:
  • Year of Car Insurance
  • Adobe CS6 Production Premium
  • Adobe LightRoom 5
  • 3 Adobe "Classroom in a Book" books on Premier Pro, Photoshop, and LightRoom
  • GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition
  • Specialized Hardrock Disc Mountain Bike
  • Random biking accessories

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I owe :cry:

Would have probably bought a new gpu for the pc.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Paying cash for a new car for the wife. I usually put mine straight in savings but not this year...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I owe :cry:

Would have probably bought a new gpu for the pc.

I was looking into new parts for mine as well.. 256GB SSD, new motherboard, processor, closed circuit water cooling. $1000 later. Lol

honda_skater

Liking the idea of the hero 3. I got one for Christmas and it is amazing. I use it to make cruising videos and longboarding videos.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was looking into new parts for mine as well.. 256GB SSD, new motherboard, processor, closed circuit water cooling. $1000 later. Lol
Go to Microcenter for the cpu and mobo. Their bundle prices cannot be beat. I'd suggest a Corsair H100 or Swiftech H220 for closed loop systems. I'm not really up to date on the latest SSDs, but I think Samsung 840 pros are still top tier. pcpartpicker.com and r/buildapcsales are good sites to check for pricing.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My GTX 580 just finally died, after about two years, and even though it's an XLR8, PNY gave me the middle finger, instead of honoring their lifetime warranty. So I recommend something NOT PNY ;) But a GTX 780 would have been nice... Spent it before I had it on picking up my new coupe.

Maybe the 8 series will support the bandwidth for 4k res...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got 400 bucks back, so 300 went into savings, and 100 went towards new work boots.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got $293 instead of over $500 because working at the auction f**ked me. So the $200 went to my tuition deposit for next school year, and the rest went into savings.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Already got mine back. Sent half to my father, and spent half on having some work done on my mothers house.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Keeping myself afloat until I graduate.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go to Microcenter for the cpu and mobo. Their bundle prices cannot be beat. I'd suggest a Corsair H100 or Swiftech H220 for closed loop systems. I'm not really up to date on the latest SSDs, but I think Samsung 840 pros are still top tier. pcpartpicker.com and r/buildapcsales are good sites to check for pricing.
You read my mind. I was looking into the 840Pro SSD and the Corsair H90 (don't need the double din fans). As far as the processor goes I was thinking either Intel Core i7-4930K or Intel Core i7-3930K. I'd love a Intel Core i7-4960X but I'm not spending that much.

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Mine is probably going towards tien s springs and koni oranges. not sure what else, i wouldn't mind some new front seats :D

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You read my mind. I was looking into the 840Pro SSD and the Corsair H90 (don't need the double din fans). As far as the processor goes I was thinking either Intel Core i7-4930K or Intel Core i7-3930K. I'd love a Intel Core i7-4960X but I'm not spending that much.
Corsair H60 does the trick for my i5 OC'd to 4.0 GHz. It doesn't get anywhere near a hot temperature, even being located next to the AMD 7970 GPU. Unless you're running something crazy powerful, or have a really confined case, I don't think you'd need anything better than the H60.