215/45/17

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What's the offset? It'll probably rub...

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its gonna depend on low your drop is

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok, more than likely they will rub, and because your sidewall will be so small youll feel every single bump in the road

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
ok, more than likely they will rub, and because your sidewall will be so small youll feel every single bump in the road
for more than a year i have been riding on17's with a witch of 205 and a side wall of 45, so i allready know a 205/45/17 will work just fine with out rubbing, but i found some rims that i like better that are also 17 inches the only differnce is that the width is 215 vs 205 what i have now, IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS OR HAS EVER TRYED USING A 215 WIDTH WHEEL ON A 6TH GEN??

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
on my fifth gen i had 215/45/17s before i got rid of my rice-rims, and they rubbed like a mofo. i think they will on a 6th gen too, from what ive heard.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
anybody know if i where to change the tire size to 40 sidewall would it stop it from rubbing?

Mr. EeeKaY

Does ur mom know ur gay?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It might work, but go lower than 45 and your ride will become s**t.. i was rockin 205/40/16 motegi's (not sure what tires) and it the ride felt the same when i switched from the generic coil sleeves to tein flexs. Right now I'm runnin 205/45/16 nexen n3000 and I'm rubbing on the back because it's too low. When I was running 205/45/16 falken ziex 512 they were a lot slimmer and had a slight stretch look to em and had no clearance issues even when I lowered it to the max, so I assumed the nexens would be the same but I was wrong. I think 185 on the nexens is the same as the 205 on the falkens.

codyspeedy

Cody T
5+ Year Member
It might work, but go lower than 45 and your ride will become s**t.. i was rockin 205/40/16 motegi's (not sure what tires) and it the ride felt the same when i switched from the generic coil sleeves to tein flexs. Right now I'm runnin 205/45/16 nexen n3000 and I'm rubbing on the back because it's too low. When I was running 205/45/16 falken ziex 512 they were a lot slimmer and had a slight stretch look to em and had no clearance issues even when I lowered it to the max, so I assumed the nexens would be the same but I was wrong. I think 185 on the nexens is the same as the 205 on the falkens.
thanks bro, yea ill be using falkens so i think it should be fine

kyle97charlie

68% right 100% of th time
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for more than a year i have been riding on17's with a witch of 205 and a side wall of 45, so i allready know a 205/45/17 will work just fine with out rubbing, but i found some rims that i like better that are also 17 inches the only differnce is that the width is 215 vs 205 what i have now, IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS OR HAS EVER TRYED USING A 215 WIDTH WHEEL ON A 6TH GEN??
I've got seventeens... And I am running 215/40/17 Nitto Neogens

I'm lowered almost two inches

I don't scrub just driving around.

But if I dig into it hard in corners it tends to scrub.

Also it scrubs very very lightly turning dead left and dead right.

I had 215/45/17 Kumho Ecsta AST's

with the same drop

It scrubbed with people in the back seat(even with rolled rear fenders)
I couldn't really turn dead left or dead right.

With either tire set up, I would suggest running a little camber. I believe I am running -1.5 on each wheel.

I hope this helps you out bro.