2dr 3dr 4dr differences

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anybody know the exact differences between a 2dr 3dr 4dr?

Anybody know what body parts if any are interchangable with this? reason im asking is because i HATE the 4dr front bumper... i like the 2dr front bumper with the type R lip....

if possible I would like to convert the 4dr bumper with a 2dr bumper plus type r lip....anybody know if it is easily achieved?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay.... should we assume youre talking about 92-95 civics?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the front bumpers are interchangable with the 2/3/4 door

the hood, fenders, and corner lights on the 2/3 doors are different than the 4 door.

BTW i think that the 4 door bumper is WAY better lookin than the 2/3dr. they are so much more smoother.

just because grillcraft doesnt make a grill set for the 4 door doesnt mean ya cant make your own...

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive been thinkin about doin this but im not sure if im gonna like it, got any pics?

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by slambed_civic
the front bumpers are interchangable with the 2/3/4 door

the hood, fenders, and corner lights on the 2/3 doors are different than the 4 door.

BTW i think that the 4 door bumper is WAY better lookin than the 2/3dr. they are so much more smoother.

just because grillcraft doesnt make a grill set for the 4 door doesnt mean ya cant make your own...
im not sure bout that but i was told the 4 door bumper is slightly diff than the 2/3 door

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call for a body kit to anywhere... and ask if the front bumpers for any 92-95 civic are the same... i had a 2 door and i have a 4 door now...

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bumpers are not the same. a 4dr will fit with some mods, but not a direct swap. it would leave a gap under corners and at fenders.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont undertand this, so you mean to tell me that when i put a 2 dr bumper on a 4dr, it had to be modded? i dont remember that? hmm i must have missed something

Dakkon

Still Brits #1 Fan
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much would a 4dr front bumper be for 92-95?

if its swaps easy mabe when i get my new car painted, shaved modlings/antenna, i can switch bumpers if it looks better.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i need a straight up answer for this cuz i wanna go to a junk yard and get a 2dr bumper

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well here is my input. a 4dr bumper on a 2dr leaves gaps because the 4dr is a bit longer. a 2dr bumper might be able to stretch and fit on a 4dr, but not sure because i mostly deal with 2/3dr cars. and about the body kit thing, the knock-off kits are universal(thats prolly why they fit so bad), the big name companies have separate bumpers for 2 and 4dr

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok well i dont wanna be an ass... call ground designs... see what they have to say about it... if you wait until tomorrow. ill even get you the number...

get a bumper from a junk yard, if they charge you more than 20 bucks tell them to kiss you ass... you can get them new for 40...