3 Inch Drop/Slammed

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just trying to save you the money before you throw it away on useless s**t. Get ready to go through tires becuase being slammed f**ks up your camber, and if you get a camber kit your going to rub on the fenders. You can only go so low before s**t starts breaking. I love mine low too, but it wrecks s**t

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To the OP, it rubs the whole fender. Like the whole front fender, that's why I'm raising it. I'm not going to get my fenders rolled then look like my wheels are tiny. But I am thinking about getting some 15" wheels.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just heat up your stock coils with a torch until their red hot then get a really f**king fat dude or a bunch of your bros to hop on the hood so it lowers, trust me no one will be lower than you. ghetto drop ftw... :D

but in all seriousness, get f&f type 1's

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That's not a jetta!

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm surprised no one has suggested that extended top hats will help too... :what:

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why is everyone acting like babies? When did he say he didnt want to spend ANY money? I know for a fact by reading his post he doesn't wanna cut his springs, stop suggesting it.

just heat up your stock coils with a torch until their red hot then get a really f**king fat dude or a bunch of your bros to hop on the hood so it lowers, trust me no one will be lower than you. ghetto drop ftw...
You.
Are an idiot, your stupid suggestion doesnt even have any logic. How would you sit on the car if the wheels are off from you torching the springs.

To OP im gonna prob get KONI yellow/GC coils for my setup unless I decide I dont want the huge drop after all, than I am going with Skunk2 springs and struts with a 2.5" Drop.

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
Why is everyone acting like babies? When did he say he didnt want to spend ANY money? I know for a fact by reading his post he doesn't wanna cut his springs, stop suggesting it.

You.
Are an idiot, your stupid suggestion doesnt even have any logic. How would you sit on the car if the wheels are off from you torching the springs.

To OP im gonna prob get KONI yellow/GC coils for my setup unless I decide I dont want the huge drop after all, than I am going with Skunk2 springs and struts with a 2.5" Drop.
Thanks for tht.
The KONI yellows have a lower perch right? so with a 2.5' drop itll prolly be just about 3?

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You.
lmao it was a joke if you didnt get that. i also recommended what to get. oh and i said nothing about taking off the wheels... you can easily torch the springs without taking off the wheels, you could get at it from one of the sides of the wheel, or from under the bumper.

EDIT: but it would still be the stupidest idea ever.

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
Hey 98civb18c, i really dont think this kid cares about any of that or he hasnt thought about it... he sounds like he heard too many kids in high school, talking about how low they are, and he wants to be a cool kid :cool:
Why dont you go back and read where i said im done with the slammed part.
I said i was changing my goal to 3 inches. And not ill prolly just end up ordering springs cause itll be easier.
I dont get why everyone keeps saying ill screw s**t up when i said i changed my mind

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

^ me w/ Function/Form Type-II's

^ friend with koni yellow/gc coils.

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say ride slammed. Yeah, you're going to break s**t, but it's not the end of the world. I ripped my exhaust off on train tracks twice, f**k it. I've ripped off my OEM EX lip countless times. I also hammered in the tabs inside my fenders for the inner fender well, (with a ball-peen hammer and a 2x4) because I lost one of those too. Man up and just do it, buy coils and put them all the way down.

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
I say ride slammed. Yeah, you're going to break s**t, but it's not the end of the world. I ripped my exhaust off on train tracks twice, f**k it. I've ripped off my OEM EX lip countless times. I also hammered in the tabs inside my fenders for the inner fender well, (with a ball-peen hammer and a 2x4) because I lost one of those too. Man up and just do it, buy coils and put them all the way down.
Thats kinda what i planned on doing. Just got tired of hearing your gonna break this or that, yea i know that'll happen you just gotta replace stuff. I plan on ordering function and form type I's. What size rim/tire comdo do you recommend? i have my stock 14 hx rims now with stock tires but plan on replacing them with 16's and low pro tires?

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Bags are the best choice for if you dont want to be scrapin ur whole under body.

2000JdmCivic

5+ Year Member
Wow i started this thread 2 years ago. The hx has been sold but i did slam on coils until i sold it never had a problem. I now have a 07 Civic Si which is gonna be gettin coils and being slammed to.

95Civic Dx

Registered VIP
Well my s**t is low so just go with cut springs if you really want to be cheap.

it will crush cans make you cry when you think the bumper is gone swerve around rock all kinds of stuff also cant fit your fingers in the wheel well.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us