3000 RPM Idle need HELP

andersonwhit

hey guys new to site need help 94 d15 vtec idles@3000 rpm drives great just idles high cant find vac leak, replased IAT sen Temp sen tested MAP,TPS,IAC sens with volt meter every thing checks out replaced the two that didnt im out of ideas please help

khmernese

did you clean the iAC? also the FiTV? taking a meter to it does not mean that it is functioning to its fullest.

codeman76

did you clean the iAC? also the FiTV? taking a meter to it does not mean that it is functioning to its fullest.
This^^also check to make sure your throttle cable is not to tight and not letting the throttle plate close all the way.

Zedicous

hey guys new to site need help 94 d15 vtec idles@3000 rpm drives great just idles high cant find vac leak, replased IAT sen Temp sen tested MAP,TPS,IAC sens with volt meter every thing checks out replaced the two that didnt im out of ideas please help
I'd check the IACV. Does it have a TB bypass.. Is the idle screw still there. What ecu. Is it a jdm d15b.

andersonwhit

This^^also check to make sure your throttle cable is not to tight and not letting the throttle plate close all the way.
cable has plenty of slack checked that too i work at a shop i know my way around a car tried every thing i can think of its got me lol

RonJ

Banned
Does the CEL work?

Idle problem diagnosis:
Warm the engine up. Remove the air intake system. Start the engine. Inside the throttle body, there are two holes/ports. One leads to the IACV and the other to the FITV. One at a time, cover each hole with your finger. Does the idle speed drop to a low or normal speed when one of these holes is covered?

codeman76

Fitv = fuel injection thermal valve it is mounted directly on the bottom of the throttle body. Has a little coolant line connected to it.

andersonwhit

cleaned iacv got a eritic idle an codes 6 an 24 coverd holes bottom one brought idle way down 6 is eng temp sen an cant find a list that had it on it but 2 long lights 4 short so idk. already changed the temp sen wen i first got the car along wit the ait sen thermastat, radiator

RonJ

Banned
The lower hole is for the FITV. Click the FITV link in my signature.

I thought you said there were no codes?

Code 6 can also cause idle problems. Check the two ECT sensor wires for an open or short.

There's no code 24. Maybe it is actually codes 10 (IAT) and 14 (IACV/idle). Post a video of the blinking CEL.

codeman76

Easiest way to reset the ecu is to pull the 7.5A back up fuse in the fuse box under the hood for like a minute then reinstall the fuse.