360 ring of death!!!!!

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive heard its the older chipsets that have this issue too. Just send it back or buy another like everyone else is saying. I on the other hand am waiting on my drum heads for rockband. Stupid yellow pad stopped working and i didnt even have to game for 2 months..

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's just not the red ring tho! My brother's 360 doesn't play some dvd's and games. Sometimes you have to sit there and hit the open and close tray buttons for a while before the piece of s**t 360 reads the disc. This happens to alot of people I know and it's happened to 2 of my brother's 360's. :thumbsdown

There's just nothing that intrests me in the ps3 otherwise I wuld buy it. As for the blue-ray player, I can just buy one of those bitches separate.
Thats a disc drive problem, not as common as the chip set problem so its only covered by the year warranty. Mine did that as well. The new 360's have that problem fixed along with the chip set problem.

Besides the drive opening and closing by itself and some times refusing to open, the old drives also will some times melt the center of the discs causing the disc to not sit on the spinner thing right and cause reading problems. Its really not to easy to notice some times when the disc is melted slightly.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's just not the red ring tho! My brother's 360 doesn't play some dvd's and games. Sometimes you have to sit there and hit the open and close tray buttons for a while before the piece of s**t 360 reads the disc. This happens to alot of people I know and it's happened to 2 of my brother's 360's. :thumbsdown

There's just nothing that intrests me in the ps3 otherwise I wuld buy it. As for the blue-ray player, I can just buy one of those bitches separate.
That's what mine's doing, luckily enough I ALSO got the red ring so I don't have to pay for it lol.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
should of got a ps3
:rolf:

Hey! I f**king love the 360 but Kaotic is telling the truth! The 360 failure rate is laughable :lol: s**t, I've already owned 3 different ones myself and the last one already broke so I have to buy another one. You can't say that the 360 is a shittier system (game wise) than the ps3 tho. You'd be a f**king retard to think that! 360's keep on breaking down and people keep on buying them. If 360's are so shitty then no one would keep buying them but they do. Now if the ps3 had problems like that, no one would keep on buying them like they do with the 360's and that's the truth! ;)

If you ask me, it's one big inside scam! You can't tell me that these f**king nerds at microsoft can't fix this ring of death problem. I'm sure they can but why fix the problem if it's making them money? Even the new 360's that come out have that problem so I don't see them really trying to correct the ring-o-death. :lol:

:twocents:

it all depends on your preferences. there are only a very few game i'm interested in on the 360 that aren't on the ps3 as well, and most of them are quite recent (or unreleased yet...)... i think almost all the games on the 360 suck total nuts. so... depends on the person.

but all that s**t aside, i don't know how you guys can not be pissed at MS for red rings of death and the other problems you're talking about. that is some serious bullshit. if i paid 400 bucks for something like that... i'd expect it to work. if this happened on the ps3, all the xbox fanboys would be jumping all over its unreliability... but for some reason, it's accepted in the 360?

i don't get why it's been an issue for so long. as if MS can't fix it. i guess as long as people ignore the problems, this just makes them more money?

i dunno... that's gay.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, the 360 isn't too expensive to get fixed, sony products have always been expensive to fix.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, the 360 isn't too expensive to get fixed, sony products have always been expensive to fix.
Yeah 'cause you don't have to fix them! lol. I bought my PS2 when it first went on the shelf and it lasted me until I bought my PS3.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah 'cause you don't have to fix them! lol. I bought my PS2 when it first went on the shelf and it lasted me until I bought my PS3.
back...

but yeah, my buddy has a ps2 model # 30001R ver.5(2001) and it still plays his games dvd's cd's, might take a lil longer to load but it still f**king works, and he doesn't even know what cleaning the ps2 for dust means haha

then again there were a lot of problems with the ver1 -4 ps2's, the so called D.R.E because of the crappy laser lens.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i've had three PSones - every single one was fine. three PS2s - only one ever had an issue... one is even still plugged in. and of course, never an issue with the PS3. :what:

i wouldn't expect a console that is only a year or two old to fail. i'd be pissed.

so i guess i should brace myself for anger whenever i finally get a 360. :lol:

hondagriff

Banned
I just miss the old Nintendo days when all you need to do was blow into the damn thing. If this is such a repeating problem on 360s then it should be fixed for free. Might just call them up and try lowballing on fixing cost. Worth a shot atleast.

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The problem has been fixed with new chipsets. The older Xbox's are the only ones that crash like that.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that still means consoles that are only a year or two old are failing. ftl.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had mine for almost two years now, and it's still going strong. I do plan on getting a PS3 also.

hondagriff

Banned
I thought mine was going well too. I didn't buy the other gimmicks such as the intercooler fan or whatever its call. To me, I assume that it would hurt the system more than help it. But like everything new and mass produced, it tends to have bugs.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
OT: we have a fan for our ps3. it's more precautionary for extended gameplay, but it does keep things cooler.

it's loud as f**k, though.

/OT