400+miles a tank

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I get 36-40 mpg depending on how much highway and city driving i do. 34 mpg with the A/c on. With only a 10 gallon tank. i can't go as far as some of you guys can. I'm sure if i went all highway i could get over 40 mpg.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RHennin said:
^^^ I dunno man, but I def. get 420+ on mine. I dont have much done to the motor just i/h and the motor is in good shape w/ 101000 on it. You have anything major done to yours?
with nitrous its hard not to give a little throttle on the onramps to the intertstates.

FLAteam

5+ Year Member
get around 300 miles on 10 gallons, 30mpg. i got automatic and i blow AC all the friggin time.

perpetualburn

5+ Year Member
I drove like a grandpa right after I did a tune up on my d16y8. I got a little over 300 with about 45 minutes on the AC. This is pretty good right?

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont know what it is but i get about 21 mpg i changed the fuel filter and all i done to the motor is i/h/e/ what else can i do to at least get the average?

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honda_power said:
i dont know what it is but i get about 21 mpg i changed the fuel filter and all i done to the motor is i/h/e/ what else can i do to at least get the average?
change your 02 sensor out

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is 2 o2 sensors on my headers wich one do i change or do i change both and about how much do they cost.?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I usually get 400+ out of a full tank...and that is shifting around 2500-3000 and not going any faster than 70-75 on the highway..and keeping it in 5th as much as possible when driving around town.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
geez... all these high numbers. the most i've gotten is 340 i think. i get around 290-310 consistently. maybe having an auto has to do with it?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iOn said:
geez... all these high numbers. the most i've gotten is 340 i think. i get around 290-310 consistently. maybe having an auto has to do with it?
Yeah, auto uses more gas than manual cars. :(

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just pumped again earlier, 374 miles from 9.23 gallons which equates to about 40.5mpg. Lots of highway mileage. There's about another 2 gallon I could've driven... perhaps another 60-80 miles?

Sometimes driving technique helps in saving gas. Steady acceleration, driving in highest gear possible, slowing down but not stopping completely, etc. For your tune ups, regular oil change, check ignition system; spark plugs/wires, distributor cap and rotor and have a clean air filter. And then pump your tires up a little more than the recommended pressures, I have mine at 40lbs. front, 38lbs. rear.

I also pump from Chevron whenever possible. That extra $2-3 you paid is well worth it for the engine. My last smog check had 0% CO output. It also might just be a mental thing, but the butt dyno says gas at the more expensive gas stations (Chevron, Shell, 76) makes the car run more powerful.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not sure how many miles Im getting in my HX.. but I know its pretty decent..

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
[civic] said:
With my B16 and driving very efficiently, I managed to only get close to 300. This was hard to do, and I never done it again.
i get 330mp tank on city streets. i dont push my car hard if at all.

Last edited:

lawrenceashley

Sir Ash
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
400+ on a tank amazes me. I only get around 320 when I had my civic dx and 300 on my integra.

k624ash

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont civics and integra have different size tanks? its much more acurate to go by mpg anyways

if you really concerned about mpt you can have a custom tank made so that it is huge

when i got my teg it was getting 18-19 mpg, now i have it up to 25-30mpg

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good info! I need to put more air in.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
28MPG with a fair amount of boosing going on! I was excited to see that when I thought about how much I got on my car, it seems to be pretty consistent because I cant keep my foot out of boost.