4age motor swap

Collin Boddy

Hi, i was going to try and see if i can swap a 4age motor in my 05 honda civic lx? I really love tye sound of the 4age motor and just wondering if anyone knew if i could do it? Thank you.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I doubt it's been done before.

All I could really find was this. With a 7th gen, it's probably even more difficult. :what:

That being said, anything is possible I suppose haha

Collin Boddy

Hey, thank you for the quick reply, how would i convert the car to RWD? Are there threads available? I don't want a whole lot of Horse power to begin with, it's just a civic, i just wanted a better motor because i love the sound. It would be a good project to get started on. Any help would be awesome. Thanks. Im only looking to gain a little bit.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hey, thank you for the quick reply, how would i convert the car to RWD? Are there threads available? I don't want a whole lot of Horse power to begin with, it's just a civic, i just wanted a better motor because i love the sound. It would be a good project to get started on. Any help would be awesome. Thanks. Im only looking to gain a little bit.
Honestly, you're going to have a hell of a time doing that. I would not recommend it, especially for the little gains you want.

Go with a K-series motor... easiest swappable motor into a 7th gen. K20A2 from an RSX Type-S