4th gen 88-91; HX rims, Uneven Tire Wear!. Front Passenger wheel rattle?!? Alignment?

Civic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hello,

I have a 1990 DX (All Stock) Hatch. My new tires have have prematurely wore down unevely in the inner part. The size of the tires are 185/60-14 on some HX rims. I went with this tire size because it was the exact size as the stock 1990 SI (I believe body styles are identical) and this was the closest to the radius of the stock DX 175/70-13 steelies. Was this a correct assumption? Did my tire choice contribue to uneven tire wear?

Could uneven tire wear on the inner side of the tire be as simple as getting an alignment? I guess I'm a little concerned because I replaced both lower ball joints when I did my Axles a few years ago and I believe I did a pisspoor job installing the new lower ball joints (I just hammered them in; could this be a cause?).
I want to replace any alignment components that you guys would recommend replacing on a 200k 90 civic before taking it in for an alignment. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, I notice when I break it sounds like my front passenger side tire begins to shake. I kicked the tire when it was up on jackstands and there is a little play. Could this be a tierod issue? Do i need new tierods on both sides? what other components are needed?

I apprecaite any help. I tried searching and couldn't find anything that also applied to my situation. Thanks guys