4th Gen Civic B16 Swap in Progress

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
Hello,

I am new to these forums, just got back from Iraq. Have decided to start my 4th gen engine swap, based on all the info i've obtained from the various sites on the net. I actually started the project yesterday, went very well. Old engine/tranny is out, engine bay configuration is completed. As per all the instructions i've seen for engine removal, the hardest part was accessing the rear bolt on the stock rear motor mount. :x

Will continue to update my progress...my pics are in my sig below.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice sedan and one clean b16 nice :thumbs up

and welcome to the site :welcome:

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that is clean....damn where did you get that

red_EF9si

röckïn dä älmïghty ß16
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the hardest part was accessing the rear bolt on the stock rear motor mount.
haha, that's why it's commonly reffered to as "the b***h mount"
:hi: :welcome: Keep this thread updated and feel free to ask questions that you may have.

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
4th Gen B16 Swap Day2

Hello All,

On day two I was ready to go in with the B16 but first the rear mount had to be put in. I then took the rear bracket that goes to the engine and mounted it loosely to the rear mount. Finally, the driver side engine mount was also mounted to the B16. After lowering the engine into place without the tranny, everything lined up perfectly with no probs, i put a set bolt into the rear bracket and hand tightend it, then lowered the driver side mount into place and tightend it down. Once the rear and driver side mounts were secured, I let the engine all the way down off the cherry picker and let it sag, engine install completed!

Next step, raised the civic on a lift and removed passenger side radious rod from the front crossmember and wheel spindle assembly. Put the tranny on a transmission jack and raised it up to the back of the engine without the trans mount present at this time. After some wrestling to align the trans, it slips in and then put all the bolts in. Finally, lowered the civic onto a floor jack and a block of wood. At this time installed the trans mount into the mount holder in the engine compartment, not the tranny and hand tightened the bolt. Used the floor jack and wood to jack up the sagging tranny in alignment with the trans mount and dropped in the bolts and tighten everything up, lowered jack and raised car back into the air. Tranny install completed!

Next Step, Replaced shifter with short shifter, completed!

Next Step, Installed rest of hardware on back of the engine, i.e. Aux shaft, rest of bolts into rear mount that meets the tranny and tightened. Axles are also installed at this time, wheel assemblies restored and wheels put back on car.

Now for the things that went wrong,

1) My over sight on the wiring harness, tried to install an SI wiring harness on the b16 when i have a DX, will not work. Considering if I should mod the dx harness myself or go with Hasport? :???:

2)For some strange reasons, the original clutch cable is not long enough to be hooked up to the tranny. This is a JDM SIR tranny and engine which came to me together, have i missed something along the way? :?:

Will post Day 3 in another post.......with pics

hatchoo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good luck on your project and welcome to the site :mrgreen:

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
B16 swap progress

hatchoo said:
Good luck on your project and welcome to the site :mrgreen:

Thanks everyone for the welcome. The swap job isn't bad as i thought it would be. Will have day 3 progress report up soon as i get pics off the cam.

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
B16 swap progress

Hello All,

Got a chance to post the day 3 pic of my b16 swap project. To finish things up in the shop, the headers and radiator were put in, fuel lines connected etc. Axle nuts installed, wheels and finally the hood. Car was towed back to my house and will put converted dpi wiring in once the weather warms up a bit. Next post will occur once i get the engine runnin. The day3 pic is in my sig ;)

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
Headers

NoWayBack91Si said:
hey looks good man...what headers are those?
A friend referred me to a company called "Speedy" who made or sold racing headers for bseries honda engines. I bought these brand new 1 year ago, along with some ceramic headers as well. I like the looks of chrome stainless steel pipes, installed them with latex gloves. :lol:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks sweet, you keeping it sleeper?

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
B16 swap progress

FRODO said:
Looks sweet, you keeping it sleeper?
Yes, this is my goal....however with the B16 install, will have to replace the factory wheels with maybe 15inchers?

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1. Go with HaSport.

2. You gonna need an Integra clutch cable. It is easy to swap though so don't worry, I did mine in the parking lot at the Honda dealer.

4thgenman

5+ Year Member
Clutch Cables

ProjectSi said:
1. Go with HaSport.

2. You gonna need an Integra clutch cable. It is easy to swap though so don't worry, I did mine in the parking lot at the Honda dealer.

What particular year of integra clutch cable did you get or does it matter?