5th Gen 4dr windshield differences?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One of our customers at work is Safelite. That being so, we get a pretty good discount on glass replacements and/or repairs through them for our personal vehicles.

As a result of the previous owner not replacing the wiper blades for a very long time, my windshield is scratched. It is scratched so bad that it throws a bad glare at night when headlights shine through it. I decided to replace it.

Yesterday the guy shows up to replace it. After less than five minutes he comes back and says that he has the wrong part. My car is a 93 and he says that the vin number shows him that it is a 92? He rescheduled for tomorrow.

I did a vin check and my vin year code is a "P" which in fact means that it is a 93. Where was he getting that it is a 92? Also wouldn't the windshields be the same from 92-95? Was he just being lazy and made an excuse so he could take the rest of the day off?

I am just curious because I don't want to have to go through that again tomorrow and for him to have the wrong part if for some reason he thinks it is a 92.

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what i know coupe and hatches are the same and then sedan is the different one. But all 92-95 will work.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys.

That is what I was figuring. I am thinking he was just lazy and wanted an excuse to take an early weekend. Maybe I was his last appointment?