5th generation obd1 civic with obd2 b18b1 swap questions please any advice

menace478

ok so here i am with a 95 civic ex coupe came stock with d16z6 i rescued it from a poor owner with over 260k on it, drove it about 5 months and went to smoking pretty bad(i was waiting for it to happen so i could have a good reason to swap it) anyway! on to the real reason of this post.

i dropped in a obd2 b18b1 swap with a gsr transmission. it ran ok at first with the original p28 ecu but i felt as though it should have been running a little smoother. so i popped in a p30 chipped with a b18b1 basemap. and it runs fine for some reason it burns alot of gas, normally i would get around 350 miles to a 10 gallon tank. so i figured the ecu was causing it and i swapped it out with several different ecu's with luck, but during the transition of the ecu's i notuced that thecar would sometimes spit and sputter and almost die under 4k rpm's as if its not getting enough gas, so i went back to the p30 and all issues go away but still poor gas mileage, the past 2 weeks i have been rebuilding the complete engine with new everything from the valve cover grommets to the oil pump, everything is new even replaced the valves and pistons. (i did all this because i took the head off to replace the valve seals and found 3 bent valves :( ok so back to the issue, car is back together and runs great with the p30 but as before still has poor gas mileage, so i put in a stock obd1 p75 ld ecu and it runs fine for about 1-2 miles and boom! it starts skiping and will not rev up and almost dies, if i take it out of gear or hold down the clutch it will rev to the redline with no problem. every ecu i have tried does the same thing except for the p30 chipped on a b18b1 basemap. (i hate this ecu because some idiot decided to remove the c.e.l and the rev limiter) any input or advise would be greatly appreciated
the obd2 b18b1 motor has the obd2 harness still attached and plugged in to the bay harness of my 95 obd1 5th generation civic ex coupe.
thanks in advanced, i have tried and searched for every possible problem, i am lost

RonJ

Banned
Stop goofing around with ECUs. Install the correct stock OBD1 ECU, and pull the CEL codes.

Why the heck did you ever run the engine on stock P28?