60ft help

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
ok so I am happy with my 1/4mile times for now but my I know I can shave afew 10ths off atleast with afew changes. one of which is def my 60ft time, i consistantly run 2.4-2.5 and it dosent seem to improve at any RPM I launch at. my RT's are near perfect I consistantly hit .15-.2 RT's, I just need to hook up better. I am going back to the track this week and afew changes I plan to do are.

-Remove A/C
-Change to steelies (my 17" rims suck for hooking up) prolly lose some weight too.
-bring ice to cool my intake between runs

I already have removed my rear seat and everything (except the speakers) from the back. even trim.
I ran on a half tank of gas last night and did about 10 runs.
Another issue though was the track temperature, it was really cold the tech said it was 64 degress F. everybody had problems hooking up.

I was talking to some people at the track and they said that putting rubber bump stops between your coils (on the rear) can help shave a 10th or so off your 60ft by reducing the about of weight taken off the front tires under hard launching. has anyone done this? I am alittle scepticle about that one, although it makes sense.

any other suggestions, much appreciated!

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
here is a really good one for you ......... DRAG SLICKS it doesnt matter if you are running 17 with crappy tires or steelies with crappy tires you need a lightweight rim with drag slicks

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is a really good one for you ......... DRAG SLICKS it doesnt matter if you are running 17 with crappy tires or steelies with crappy tires you need a lightweight rim with drag slicks
this man is smart... losing weight may help a little... but really without tires its just hurting you... just saying...

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
obviously i know slicks would be better and all im saying is my 17" rims dont allow for alot of tire to absorb some of the weight it dosent help the traction is all.
if i could afford slicks i would have them right now obviously.
but if thats all there is to it then ill just have to save for them while im in school over the winter. i just figured with an LSD i should be closer to 2.2s 60ft's. or ill just get a real car.

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
its all about the rim and rubber the bigger the rim the harder the tranny has to work to turn it keep that in mind, thats simple law of physics though or intead of getting rid of your ac and power steering you could boost what you have but thats a money issue and by the way there is a bunch of threads about weight loss and taking stuff off cars to get more power and by taking off ac and power steering you might be looking at getting yourself 3-5hp its not worth it

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with an LSD i should be closer to 2.2s 60ft's. or ill just get a real car.
Not trying to start s**t here, but i think you need to learn to drive.

I was cutting 2.2 60fts consistently with an open diff, 16's and 205/45/16 KDW's

Launching is an art, it takes time, practice, and patience. It's 95% of drag racing.

I'm right back in the same having to learn to drive boat, now with my new set up (built motor, and slicks) i cant get out of the hole for s**t. Bogging out, best 60ft was 2.0 last time i was out at the track with slicks. I need more seat time, and i need to learn to drive the car more. On slicks it should be NO problem to rock out some 1.6 60ft's if you can get the driving side of it down.

Also, as your 60ft goes down your trap speed will go down and your overall time will reduce. 1/10th in the hole will get you 3/10ths or 4/10ths on the big end.

Zzyzxek

5+ Year Member
Not trying to start s**t here, but i think you need to learn to drive.

I was cutting 2.2 60fts consistently with an open diff, 16's and 205/45/16 KDW's

Launching is an art, it takes time, practice, and patience. It's 95% of drag racing.

I'm right back in the same having to learn to drive boat, now with my new set up (built motor, and slicks) i cant get out of the hole for s**t. Bogging out, best 60ft was 2.0 last time i was out at the track with slicks. I need more seat time, and i need to learn to drive the car more. On slicks it should be NO problem to rock out some 1.6 60ft's if you can get the driving side of it down.

Also, as your 60ft goes down your trap speed will go down and your overall time will reduce. 1/10th in the hole will get you 3/10ths or 4/10ths on the big end.
yeah well it was my first time at the track. the track was super slick nobody was hookin up. i tried launching at afew different RPM's and 4000 seems alright yeilded a 2.4 60ft. im going back this friday. im gunna try feathering it abit more and not just dump the clutch and im prolly gunna start launching at a low RPM and work up to a higher RPM and keep track on the timesheet what RPM I launched at. Im a good driver, this is just different then what im used to i consistantly hit .1-.2 RT's so im quick just need to get launching down but im good at everything when i practice so ill be smokin most cars in my class in no time.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
cocky much? lol

and unless your running pro tree (which i highly doubt), your reaction times mean nothing.