6th gen carpet

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kilas4doorsleep said:
on the 6th gens are the sedan and coupe carpets the same.
dont think so... 75% sure

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
dont think so... 75% sure
what could possibly be diff bout them. jus wondering. i want to change out my ugly ass grey carpet in my 4 door but dont want to spend 200 to get one from jc whitney.

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i wouldn't think that it would fit either... u could always recarpet it urself :what:

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kilas4doorsleep said:
what could possibly be diff bout them. jus wondering. i want to change out my ugly ass grey carpet in my 4 door but dont want to spend 200 to get one from jc whitney.
though the sedan and coupe are the same length.. i imagine the 4 door has more leg room. I could be wrong though

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
Machinehead115 said:
recarpet it urself :what:
ive been thinkin about doing that but i really dont think i would do to good of a job. but if i were to do that about how much do you think it would cost, all i want is black carpet.

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
though the sedan and coupe are the same length.. i imagine the 4 door has more leg room. I could be wrong though
you kow the funny thing. ive been in a few two door before and i really feel that there is no dif in leg room, but thats my own opinion on that.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
You could dye your grey carpet black. I did using Rit Dye and it looks good. Make sure you take your time though because the first time I rushed through it and it turned out bad but I went back like a month later and redid it and it looks great, same color as the black floor mats I bought. I say spend 15 bucks on a few boxes of Rit Dye instead of 200 on a new carpet. I used like 7 or 8 boxes I think. Just follow directions and again TAKE YOUR TIME and it will come out great.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had first hand expierience with rit dye.. literally

i dyed my fingers and nails black becuase my gloves had a couple of really small holes in them that i didint see. It stayed like that for about a week That s**t doesnt come off skin :shock:

kilas4doorsleep

all wide and outside
5+ Year Member
thanx guys i think i will try that. i will make sure i check for wholes my gloves too. ill let you guys know how it comes out.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coupe/hatch is the same and sedan is different honda has diff part #'s for both ;)

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
I had first hand expierience with rit dye.. literally

i dyed my fingers and nails black becuase my gloves had a couple of really small holes in them that i didint see. It stayed like that for about a week That s**t doesnt come off skin :shock:
Orange Goop took it right off mine.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
kilas4doorsleep said:
thanx guys i think i will try that. i will make sure i check for wholes my gloves too. ill let you guys know how it comes out.
Think of it this way... try it and if it looks good you saved $185 and if it doesn't look good... you only spent $15. That's how I thought of it and it turned out fine.