6th gen Civic lock actuator motor (96-00) $5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkcwenge

5+ Year Member
i've got a few motors that go into your power door lock actuators. I dont have the actuator itself, but the motors. They're the Mabuchi FC-280pc (see the Mabuchi site). These motors are brand new and already have a little coupler on it. They also have recessed terminals so there is no modifying / fabrication / tweaking required. Just remove your inside door panel, remove the actuator, open it up, replace the motor, put it all back together, and done!

i did a lot of trial and error with other motors. A lot of them do not have the torque that the FC-280pc has. just because it's a 280 or a Mabuchi 280 doesnt mean it's powerful enough to flick the door locks open (i know!).

$5 per motor, $2 shipping anywhere in Canada / USA

save money instead of buying the actuator from the dealership for $50 (or whatever it is)

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
umm tempting im pretty sure i need this

cause door locks stopped working completely

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
will these work for a rear hatch? i really want to wire one up for my rear hatch, PM me please.

othater

5+ Year Member
Dkcwenge,
I know this is a 1 1/2 year old post,..
Do you still have these motors for sale?
I'm Interested in two.
I will try to PM you too.

senasys

5+ Year Member
Motors!?!

I need a couple of these too. Do you still have them or remember where to get them? Thanks! Steve

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
EPIC FAIL! This thread is just filled with retarded bumping. The thread is from 2007! First "interest" bump was in 2008, then consecutive for a few months with no replies from OP. After that, a year and 2 weeks later another BUMP in 2009! All the way to now in July 2009! Guys, you need to look at the Thread Dates before posting, would a Mod please close this thread.

For those interested in buying these motors go to eBay and search "Mabuchi FC 280PC" or click here.

dkcwenge

5+ Year Member
sorry everybody. i was on leave from this forum! hahaha....

but best solution, imo, is to buy an actuator for the exact car you have instead of the motor itself. the motors i had were a wee bit too powerful and occasionally broke free from the little gear on its shaft. it is powerful enough, but not the exact fit.

however, if you are having a hard time finding the entire actuator mechanism, you could swap out the motors across units (use the motor from a rear door with the front door actuator).

good luck everybody.... ebay is your friend for this one. there are constantly cars being parted out, as these parts should mostly make it out of accidents just fine (or at least 1/2 of them!) i'm in the process of selling the civic so i doubt i'll be back here. cheers!

azink769

I don't know if anyone is still looking for door lock actuator motors for DIY repairs, but if you are, several varieties can be found on ebay now a days...

Search the part number, then sort it by "Price + shipping: lowest first"... the results are for a top rated seller:

FC-280PC-22125 (same as FC-280PT-22125, but without the brass collar which you can get off your old motor)
FC-280SC-22125 similar to the PC, but slightly lower RPM/Torque
FC-280PT-20150 ... similar to the PC/SC, but the shaft comes out of the BELL end of the motor

All of those can be found on ebay by searching for their numbers, and all are fairly cheap ($8-$12)... I fixed my 95 Civic's front driver side door using a PC about 2 months ago... still works great :-)

azink769

Anyone still looking for these motors?

I got one on ebay last year, but now my opposite door's motor crapped out on me... I looked around google for a while and found another website... I don't use ebay unless I have to.

www.surplus-deal.com

they say that there's a $15 minimum, but I bought 2 FC-280PC-22125 from them ($13.98) and they were shipped fast.... Sorta frustrating though... why did honda build these cars with motors that fail so frequently??? grr...

anyway, I felt that I owed it to people here to post the website I dug up since people on this website taught me how to fix my actuators!

Status
Not open for further replies.