6th Gen fog light question

305ej6

5+ Year Member
Ok so I have a a set of aftermarket foglights that were purchased from k2 motors for my 99 civic. they have worked FINE for 5 months then 1 bulb went out... then I noticed that both didnt turn on. so i thought it was possible that both bulbs burnt out? I took the bulbs out and they are pefect. tested them outside the foglights themselves.I checked the relay and it clicks when the switch is turned on and off. and the Fuse is also good. I have no clue what else to check... I rechecked all wiring and everything is still hooked up correct. what else can I check? Im sure im missing something. all help would be appreciated thanks

ElGranPagan

ElGranPagan
perform continuity tests on the wiring. make sure nothing is pinched.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tried cleaning the contacts on all the plugs on the harness? mine tend to get a little corroded over time

305ej6

5+ Year Member
i did see a little corrosion cleaned some of it up but ill try that again

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try battery battery corrosion cleaner that foams up on contact, and also a battery protection spray that sprays on purple (idk why).

i originally bought it to clean/protect my battery posts and cables but i use it on my fog light harness connectors too. it works great.

305ej6

5+ Year Member
try battery battery corrosion cleaner that foams up on contact, and also a battery protection spray that sprays on purple (idk why).

i originally bought it to clean/protect my battery posts and cables but i use it on my fog light harness connectors too. it works great.
thanks