6th gen HID Retrofit how to

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just finished my HID retrofit and made a writeup of course. I'm not going to repost all of it here it's pretty long, so you can go to my website and view it:

Http://www.lukekailburn.com/hidretro.html

FX35 w/ e30 lenses
Gen3 Matsushita ballasts
Phillips 85122+ bulbs

Some teaser pics tho:

-Luke

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No s**t luke. Didn't know you had this up your sleeve. Love your car as is. I see you all the time in ER too lol.

:thumbup: from me.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cutoff is sex.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks very good! I like how you were able to mount the ballasts to the back of your headlights. Thats what I tried doing but the TL ballasts I used were a bit too large. I think your end result came out really nice. Congrats! Now you can see 10x better at night. I couldn't believe the difference my retro made.

This is a little off topic, but I also noticed that your power steering pump is missing. Did you take it out or relocate it?

I also love your car man, clean from the outside and a sweet setup under the hood. Nice work.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MINE NEXT!!!!

very nice job on the retrofit :thumbup:

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all these guys who attempt a retro. didnt you get intimidated like i did?

lkailburn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
intimidation? nah. when i first toyed with the idea i had no clue what any of the stuff was or how it worked. but i did what anyone should do, signed up on hidplanet, went through the hid university and faq's etc. from there i asked a few questions and started peicing together my kit. nothing is ever too hard or too complicated to do. just remember, if you own a civic, i'm sure 10000 other people have already done exactly what you're about to try. :-P

black magic- thanks for the compliments man. i try to keep the car clean and simple inside and out. my car didn't come with AC or PS. so i always have lots of extra room. i'm very happy with the final product. everything is nice and tidy, and bolts together very well .

-Luke