769 hp recipe

skattadondatta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

just gotta find somebody to map it right

it might make a civic a super car! with all the upgrades of suspension and brakes

769 hp @ 9,100 rpm @ 7,000 ft
so the hp @ sea level would be 930.49 hp! please correct me if i'm wrong.
since every 1,000 ft there's a 3% hp drop.
525 ft-lbs @ 7,200 rpm and the torque would increase also if @ sea level.

most of the sources are of JG Engine Dynamics
i'm just sharing the info

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ that setup must cost a couple bucks...

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
87.2 mm stroke? Anyone know why its kinda low for that high of a hp output? I know of some civics that have a 94-95 stroke that arent making near that amount...

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hope he mentions somewhere hes running race gas cuz hes got really high compression in there

that is not a street car
will never be a streetcar with that turbo size and compression

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think it was meant to be a street car.....is it?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For the compression question, it's an ITR block with an Si head. Compression must be lowered to compensate for the tremendous boost with such a large turbo.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
compression doesnt need to be lowered. its just gonna make it a little more tricky to tune. btw, worst thread ever.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn, elevation kills power that bad? That explains some things to me now, I thought I did something to my car on the trip out to AZ

skattadondatta

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry 'bout the fuel

runs on 118 octane

w/ 11.0 compression it could run 92/93 octane but i don't know how much the horsepower will decrease?

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not streetable..the injectors are way too big..

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no point in building such a car unless you have proper suspension...kids dont realize that these days....all they want is horsepower

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
skattadondatta said:
you left out one big ingredient.... ~$15,000+.... yeah.... and weekly tuning and non daily driveability
in essence... this thread is junk

and just for fun, here's a few 12 second daily drivers from my area for your pleasure

Last edited:

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
todd....how come ive never seen that spoon civic at woodburn until the other day...? Is it actualy a spoon car, or if not whats the deal with making it like a replica...? Just really curious...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i honestly dont know, the guy owns racing trendz ( www.racingtrendz.com ) and i know for a fact he has a spoon engine in his 2nd gen teggy... steve su (sp?)
nice nice guy...

but he's always driving that thing around... and he has a mid/low 12's time slip.
i see it at the mall almost ever day

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea....i saw it on the net, i wasnt actualy at woodburn on saturday....but i think it would be really awkward driving a car that looks like that....maybe its just me

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Tainted Ramen said:
87.2 mm stroke? Anyone know why its kinda low for that high of a hp output? I know of some civics that have a 94-95 stroke that arent making near that amount...
87.2mm stroke is the stock b18c1 stroke. bore is 1.5mm over the stock 81mm.

Dr.Anus

proctologist
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus, do you have any idea about the other mods needed to support an engine with that kinda output? It'll probably need a fuel pump off an F-16 not to mention all the mods you'll need to keep that power on the pavement, and also to stop your car from tearing itself apart.

Exospeed*com

exospeed.com
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im sure the Dyno numbers on that are Engine Dyno numbers and not to the wheels. From what I've heard about the setups they have described.

but 700hp is not that hard to do at all. We are currently working on several race motors for Sport FWD/Pro Am cars. If some of you dont know, these are the Street Class cars for NHRA and IDRC. The Class requires the cars to be full interior and no wheeli bars at all as well as keeping all glass intact.

One motor we did was already making 500hp at only 17psi of boost. So 600-800 hp to the wheels is common in this class these days.
Its becoming so easy these days that we are going to offer a 10sec package all ready to go with Hondata Engine management. Its so formula to make 600hp that it can be repicated so easily with basic parts.

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dr.Anus said:
Jesus, do you have any idea about the other mods needed to support an engine with that kinda output? It'll probably need a fuel pump off an F-16 not to mention all the mods you'll need to keep that power on the pavement, and also to stop your car from tearing itself apart.

he shoud just got steal a f16 and put the engine in the car...... heck might wanna put the wings on it too :lol:

Inigo Montoya