7th Gen Rims (maximum size?)

asianaaronx

asianaaronx
5+ Year Member
Hey, i was wanting to put either 16" or 17" rims on my 01 DX, but i dont know if i would be able to drop it
1.5" or so after puting on 17" rims. Because i really don't want my rims getting hung up on the wheel well (annoying). I am thinking about putting on 5zigen 5ZR's or Rota Subzero's. (Not sure if these are the best rims).

But, if anybody could help me with rim size and ride height that would be great!!!!!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could fit 17"s but honestly, 16" rims will look the best and ride the best. You can get away with 17"s if you must but I'd highly recommend 16"s

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You could fit 17"s but honestly, 16" rims will look the best and ride the best. You can get away with 17"s if you must but I'd highly recommend 16"s
I disagree, the 7th gen civic looks good with 17's.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I find it funny that you think big rims are ghetto when your car looks like that.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
26s son... all day long

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
16's or 17's, whatever you prefer. 7th gen's can easily pull off 17's with the right drop.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
16 is the perfect size for our gen

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The best looking wheels I've ever seen on a 7th gen was on a red kitted EM2 with 19" rims. To be honest, they fit perfectly. They didn't look out of place at all.

I wouldn't go any larger than that... and if you ever plan to race / are looking for performance, 19 inchers are gonna be way too heavy. But if you're just going for looks, you can pretty much go as big as you want (up to 19")

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no dont be GHETTO! dont put that big s**t on a civic

i have 17s on mine..

I think 16s will look too little for you and you will not be as happy....
Take everyone seriously it seems :???:

17= too big for a civic IMO, to each his own, no need to be calling peeps ghetto.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The best looking wheels I've ever seen on a 7th gen was on a red kitted EM2 with 19" rims. To be honest, they fit perfectly. They didn't look out of place at all.

I wouldn't go any larger than that... and if you ever plan to race / are looking for performance, 19 inchers are gonna be way too heavy. But if you're just going for looks, you can pretty much go as big as you want (up to 19")
dude i searched for an hour and couldnt find that guy....

i did find these though..

on 19s

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Id go with 16"s for your 7th gen. But if you have a sedan, go with the 17"s. They fit it well.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
those 19's look pretty good id go with them if you just want looks. if your concerned about performance just stick with 17's

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude i searched for an hour and couldnt find that guy....

i did find these though..

on 19s

Yea, he was a friend of mine before I moved off to college. I used to post pics of his car whenever somebody asked what size rims they should get, because I'd say 19"s look good and they'd look at me like the biggest ricer they've ever met. lol.

They used to be posted on the website of the company he worked at, but the whole website has been rearranged and their gone now. I tried searching on here too... but couldn't find anything.

Oh well.... I think I remember that car you posted.. at least I swear I've seen it before. It looks really nice IMO.

asianaaronx

asianaaronx
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the input!!!

I think ima go with 17's

how do you all think these would look?

They are 17" 5Zigen 5ZR's

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, he was a friend of mine before I moved off to college. I used to post pics of his car whenever somebody asked what size rims they should get, because I'd say 19"s look good and they'd look at me like the biggest ricer they've ever met. lol.

They used to be posted on the website of the company he worked at, but the whole website has been rearranged and their gone now. I tried searching on here too... but couldn't find anything.

Oh well.... I think I remember that car you posted.. at least I swear I've seen it before. It looks really nice IMO.
dont worry joe.. we all know your a ricer at heart