89 Dx

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just got it for $400. After winter is over I'm startin work on it. Planning to fix the rust, get a Combat kit, then drop in a B16 sometime later.

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why is the pic from 2002? Um...and do the swap first.

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
borrowed a friends digi cam cause mine was stolen. i might do the swap first plus i was reading into D16 engines would be an easier swap while still gaining the VTEC and saving some cash.

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dont get a body kit, nothin but trouble, get a lip kit, and go big bad b18, dont waste ur money, ull see, itll be worth it in the long run!!!

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Combat kit??!??!? NOooooooo!!! Don't put your poor civ thru that!! :P

:hi: welcome to CC!

98CivicLX2

Honda Power!!!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by d3Mi7|2iX
borrowed a friends digi cam cause mine was stolen. i might do the swap first plus i was reading into D16 engines would be an easier swap while still gaining the VTEC and saving some cash.

Easier means waste of money....VTEC doesnt make ur car super fast a SOHC EX engine isnt goin to make ur car anything to be affraid of dont buy anything less then a b16 or LS perferably would be GS-R or Type-R engines but please dont put ur car through a combat kit and then SOHC VTEC and put VTEC stickers on the car like ur prob thinkin about doing

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no no stickers:D but wats wrong with combat kit? any suggestions for lips? and even if i do lips i stll want side skirts and s**t so...

codyj86

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did the dx come with a sunroof??? mine didn't and i want one!!!

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i got a sunroof and no be glad u didnt get one cause the drain pipe becomes clogged and its a giant leak trap :cry: i have to put down new garbage bags every morning

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im cleaning it out this sunday ill post up some more pics . though its not much to see as its a beater right now. as far as a B16 swap the A1 is the correct one for a 4th gen swap right?

Eg_Project

HiGH TiLL i DiE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aiight.....first clean the rust...then maybe swap the motor...then maybe get a JDM front bumper or if you want a kit then go with the wings west rs kit.....then maybe get some new rims/tires....then a new paint job...

h22a4civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by 98CivicLX2
VTEC doesnt make ur car super fast a SOHC EX engine isnt goin to make ur car anything to be affraid of dont buy anything less then a b16 or LS perferably would be GS-R or Type-R engines
excuse me our shop has a 91si motor with a y8 head runnin 13.2 soch, vtec thats faster than a stock b16 and b18a

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone know good places to get body parts cause i need a new passeneger fender and door

Civic89HB

Go All Out Or Dont Go Out
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that thing needs a LOT of work...is the interior good? Motor good? get on that body ASAP lol..

d3Mi7|2iX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i startin to think about just using this as a A to B car till i can afford a nicer hatch i just have a feeling this car will turn out to be a money pit and i will just loose too much cash in tryin to repair it. also does anyone know where i can get a 4th gen owners manual?