89 ef 4dr build

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
okay time for some new pics
here is the new wheel lol

here is the good side of the car after the fron suspension not much different but it is much better than stock almost no understeer when taking tight turns lo

the next move is to do the rear disc conversion and rear suspension but i have felt lazy this week so i am taking my time lol

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
no its not an actual ef but 98% of people refer to them as ef's it is an ee so if thats all you got to say then gtfo lol jk i am thinking about doing the rhd conversion because my friend wants to sell one to me for 6oo it came off his sir hatch but i havent decided if i want to do it or not rhd is cool but

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you even make a for sale thread with old parts from this baby lmk, im always looking for parts for my upcoming build. and GL with ur build..looks promising!!

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well 4bangincivic tell me what you need i might alredy have it
considering i just finished parting out my 90 hatch and i have some things left that i need gone

i will also begine parting out whats left of my crx si very soon

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
i do have some parts im looking for drivers side fender and drivers door glass.

lets see...

pm me if u have those?

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
that suks bro i sold them only a few weeks ago about all i have left is the back windows that are tinted and a few random things oh and i have the center console left too bad that wont help you sorry man

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well 4bangincivic tell me what you need i might alredy have it
considering i just finished parting out my 90 hatch and i have some things left that i need gone

i will also begine parting out whats left of my crx si very soon
i need the ashtray on the back of the middle console, and all the seats if you still have them, sorry for the late response. Plus anything else i'll take it all gladly, i'm trying to get a backup part for everything lol just incase!

1990ef9

5+ Year Member
that is pricisly my goal is the wtf holy s**t thats fast i didnt see that coming

i cant decide between 3 different motor options lol i just cant
#1 rebuild my b16 new rings, bearings, etc and have it port and polished
#2 build a high comp ls vtec and spray it
#3 build a d15 with d16 head fully built and boost it <this is what im leaning towards the most right now

what do yall think
i think you should put an LS vtec and build up its internals, then putting some boost to it.
thats what my plans are.. seams like a nice idea.

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
i am doing b20 vtec fawk ls vtec i want tourqe lol

pm me all of what ur lookin for 4banger

you should get one i love my black and blue beater lol

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well ive been working on the rear suspension for awhile and ran into problems with the rear passenger side lower strut bolt and ended up destroying the lca bushing and the bolt so now im just going to get a new trailing arm, lca, drum assembly from the junk yard

but here is the suspension im putting on its of my hatch eibach springs with dropzone struts

and here is what happened with the strut (its upside down btw)

and here is the lx trunk lid i just bough

and here it is after putting it on and swapping the lock

except for a few scratches and one small dent the trunk is in great condition
and the fact that the paint color is just a lil off but i dont care much since i am going to paint the car after i get all the rust fixed

im also getting the hood, fender, and bumper off the same car in great condition

aznsk8rboii

A Fiend
5+ Year Member
coming together eh? i like it- i hope u decide on your motor issue first. Go bseries- i think u might be happier with it in the end.

but to each his own.

Jtherien1215

5+ Year Member
personally i think putting anything over 40bux into a car thats worth 700 is pointless, to each i his own i guess, if ur gnna go big-then go big, if your going to toss around ideas of b-this and d-that then do it, just keep in mind that your average turbo d series gets walked on by b series with minor bolt ons, and nitrous setups tend to put a hurtin on a motor regaurdless of whats done t it, do a sleeved b20, low compression pistons and some sick rods, fatty head gasket, arp studs, and a worked head. bigger fuel pump, huge injectors, a legit turbo kit and a tune on meth. but after all that a stock K series will be only a second and a half slower then that. so you can see where im going with that, also if ur going to be making this car descently fast why not make it look real nice, its not everyday u see a nice ED yes i said ED sedan that looks fresh, mos people just buy them and f**k them up, i think a fresh paintjob of the stock color would look nice maybe some descent rims, SI's or swirlies. im not putting you down by no means bc everyone has their thing, just ossing some ideas at you man!good luck!

89y49rexsi

twinke team bio
5+ Year Member
well after i pass smog im going to drop my b16 in while i build another motor
im thinking ls vtec sleeved with eagle rods, wiseco forged 20 over pistons, a p&p head and a full valvetrain upgrade with a dsm flanged turbo manifold with a evo 3 turbo for starters and some 1000cc injectors and a sequential bov and a huge fmic lol

im going to do the bodywork after i get back to work and finish the lx s**t that im putting on and then repaint it the dx baby blue and then procede to beat the f**k out of it on a daily basis lol
i would like some clear corners but that will happen after i go back to work at the end of the month lol

and a nice quiet exhaust

its already lowered on eibach springs and dropzone struts

and its starting to come together i just need to get back to work and it should all happen pretty quickly