89 lude vs. 91 STD hatch

ryantrevors

5+ Year Member
which power to weight ratio is better between these two cars? which would win if they were both bone stock with the same driver?

and also whats the top speed of a 91 STD hatch?

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dude, I had a STD hatch before I did my swap. that thing was slow as s**t. It only had 4 gears. That's going to kill it more then anything. The 89 lude, I'm guessing that it's not an SI? Either way the lude would win. It's going to have a lot more trq. then the Civic and it's a 5spd. I don't know what the top speed is. It would take waaaaaaaaaay too long to get there with the thne gearbox; them beign soo long.

ryantrevors

5+ Year Member
i was considering power to weight though. i know the d15 is slow but would the fact that the civic is light and the prelude is really heavy help at all? or is it a no brainer.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Shut up and go race... =/. As far as weight goes civic > Lude as far as power Lude > civic... Plus EFs are slow stock... :P Just get 5 mexicans to push each car and then itll be fair... I get paco though!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id guess lude.
what model

2.0S:
135HP@6200
127TQ@4000
DOHC Non Vtec
B20(no you can not swap it into anything)
Curb Wight
(Mt/At)
2639/2674

2.0SI:
140hp@5800
135TQ@5000
DOHC Non Vtec
B20(no you can not swap it into anything)
Curb Wight
(Mt/At)
2690/2725

they dont wight that much

Last edited:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the B20 in those are not the same as later B series, non of the parts swap.
means no head swap, nothing.

you cannot swap the early B20s(and B21s) into a civic or integra

ryantrevors

5+ Year Member
the B20 in those are not the same as later B series, non of the parts swap.
means no head swap, nothing.

you cannot swap the early B20s(and B21s) into a civic or integra
no b-swap. but you can h-swap it. ive seen it done.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
no b-swap. but you can h-swap it. ive seen it done.
your not listening right, the stock b20 in the lude will not fit into any other honda out there is what Steve is saying.

AGStylez

Custom Beats JDM
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 2.0si's are one of the nicest cars i've ever been in. yah, it might be old, but the interior felt good, the ride felt good, the engine (not a beat to s**t one) hummed and felt good. I would be driving one if there was actualy an aftermarket base for it. It had the lowest hoodline of cars in it's generation 2nd to the nsx i think.
comparing it to a base model std... o.0
it's like asking a fit to beat an s2000 in a 1/4 mile race.
powerweight ratio is important, but to an extent when ur comparing cars of similar power and setups.
comparing a long geared 80ish hp car to a shorter geared 130-140hp car despite a 600lb difference is like assuming an eg-6 can be a bmw m5 in a striaghtline just cuz the eg6 has a lower weight value.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your not listening right, the stock b20 in the lude will not fit into any other honda out there is what Steve is saying.

I've seen a B21A1 swapped into a 3rd gen Accord :what:

It was a pretty pointless swap and they probably would have been better off just boosting the A-series, but it's been done.

Nobody makes crap for the 3rd gen Prelude B-series except Pacesetter.

I know this first hand from having a 91 Prelude Si.

and as far as the original poster's question? If it's a SOHC B20A3 then you stand a chance. If it's a DOHC B20A5 or B21A1 then you should get lit up.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the prelude B20s DONT swap, there is a RARE JDM B20 for the 3g accord.

im sure they can be swapped, but
1. wont be worth the effort
2. custom mounts would be needed.

those a20 blocks are almost bullet proof, cast iron block ftw

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the 2.0si's are one of the nicest cars i've ever been in. yah, it might be old, but the interior felt good, the ride felt good, the engine (not a beat to s**t one) hummed and felt good. I would be driving one if there was actualy an aftermarket base for it. It had the lowest hoodline of cars in it's generation 2nd to the nsx i think.
comparing it to a base model std... o.0
it's like asking a fit to beat an s2000 in a 1/4 mile race.
powerweight ratio is important, but to an extent when ur comparing cars of similar power and setups.
comparing a long geared 80ish hp car to a shorter geared 130-140hp car despite a 600lb difference is like assuming an eg-6 can be a bmw m5 in a striaghtline just cuz the eg6 has a lower weight value.
:cool: :thumbs up

It was a great daily driver. Comfortable seats (even though they were dark brown :???: ) great visibility. practically no blind spots

In 1987, Road & Track published a test summary that shows the 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4WS out slalomed every car of that year, including all Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches. It went through the slalom at 65.5 mph (105 km/h), an amazing result for the time. For reference, the 1988 Corvette took the same course at 64.9 mph (104 km/h).
not bad.....not too bad at all.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the prelude B20s DONT swap, there is a RARE JDM B20 for the 3g accord.

im sure they can be swapped, but
1. wont be worth the effort
2. custom mounts would be needed.

those a20 blocks are almost bullet proof, cast iron block ftw

Nope. it wasn't a JDM B20, it was a B21A1 in a 3 door 3rd gen Accord. I don't know what they had to fabricate to make it fit and I don't want to. Like I said, IMO they would have been better off boosting an A-block. I agree, it wasn't worth it.