89 Si hatch with b16 going to be thrown into ditch!!!!

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
I am so frustrated with this STUPID CAR i am about to just dump it into a ditch i do nothing but baby the punk and its not running like it should!!! :x

89si with a D16 replaced it with a B16 SiR

engine is running did all v tec wiring

after a 3 min drive code 23... i said ok its fine ill check wiring if not ill replace sensor... bought new one came home today replaced the %$#%$%# sensor and disconnected battery for 2 mins took car for a drive ran good for 2 mins then it threw cell 23 again and it started running crappy all sputtery and i am about to call this thing a POS and dump it somewhere......i disconected battery again took out sensor imma check all wires again..................... for the 100th time because since i was throwing code b4 i checked all wiring.... it was an Si so there wasnt much wiring but Vtec

any input on what the heck is wrong with this Si? :x :x :x :x :x :( :( :(

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wiring issues sounds to me, 23 is for knock sensor right? maybe your engine is really knocking, knocksensor sees knock, retartds teh ign severly. could be a messed up wire, bad ecu, or engine is knocking, check your ignition system.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea what he said...is it really knocking???

oh and if you cant fix it....and you just gonna throw it in a ditch..ill take it off you hands if your just gonna junk it

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
what are normal ohm's to go to wires? and also....does anyone live in houston area pasadena webster friendswood in TX that have a b16 engine reason i am asking is to get in touch with person so they can hear / drive the car see what 2 cents they put in.... :(

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oooo nice car tho...

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
:twisted: ok i think im about to be happy again...... i found another wire diagram for pw0 ecu that might indicate the one i used was backwards.... and maybe thats why my vtec is not engaging and also 23 cel is stil;l coming up =) tomorrow im redoing wiring and we will see what happens ill keep yall posted :evil:

89SiHatch

5+ Year Member
89SiHatch said:
:twisted: ok i think im about to be happy again...... i found another wire diagram for pw0 ecu that might indicate the one i used was backwards.... and maybe thats why my vtec is not engaging and also 23 cel is stil;l coming up =) tomorrow im redoing wiring and we will see what happens ill keep yall posted :evil:

NOPE REDID WIRING AND THE CAR WOULDNT START SO HAD TO PUT BACK TO HOW IT WAS CODE 23 IS STILL COMING UP....I THINK I MIGHT JUST UNDO ALL VTEC STUFF ON THE CAR CAUSE IT RUNS FINE EVEN THOUGH IT THROWS 21 AND 23 WHEN NOT HOOKED UP BUT DOESNT RUN LIKE s**t

FU VTEC

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
89SiHatch said:
what are normal ohm's to go to wires? and also....does anyone live in houston area pasadena webster friendswood in TX that have a b16 engine reason i am asking is to get in touch with person so they can hear / drive the car see what 2 cents they put in.... :(
As long as you get some type of ohm reading, you know the wire is good. You could test yur knock sensor by setting multimeter to Ac voltage, hooking it up to the sensor and lightly tapping it with a hammer.

rUdGrICk

92'cIvIc vX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just f**k throw it in a ditch,but tell me before wat ditch..lol