90 civic any ideas?

treto12

I just got a 1990 honda civic sedan for almost free. Runs great and has potential but I just wanna keep it simple but reliably fast when I need it lol got a intake,and stripped it from all unnecesary weight so far. I don't wanna go to crazy with this one just my project for now to get the hang of civics (civic virgin) so ya any ideas for a lil extra horsepower or diy tips for the exterior? Anything is appreciated thanks

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
post some pics man

treto12

Well my avatar is what I got under the hood now. Its still all stock except for the air intake and performance spark wires besides that all I've done is strip my back seat the trunk and rewire some chewed up wires. Being my first civic I dunno wher to start. I've already taken it out and for a d15b2 it can keep up. I've talked to some civic veterans and they told me to start with stripping, air intake ,exhaust , and later maybe a mpfi swap.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
slam that thing, and get you some old skool wheels

treto12

Lol ya I was thinking about that but 1 around here any nice wheels arent lasting a night and 2 I'm trying to keep the exterior as stock as possible cause cops are dicks around here(pretty sad people get away with speeding in a new car but they see a modified civic and the harrasment begins)
Is their any difference in performance between a canister tip exhaust system vs just 2.5" pipes straight back from the cat?

projecthatch

I have a hatch with the same motor an im actually working on my wiring harness so i can finish the mpfi swap, ill let you kno if its worth it...My next step is installing the d serie's turbo I just got (will be awhile though) ill let you kno how that works out too lol but if your not doing a motor swap I would def. do the mpfi

treto12

Ya I'm getting all my research done on the mpfi swap cuz I have a bad habit of rushing into things and than having to work twice as hard. And how much was the turbo kit?

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A turbo kit can go as cheap as $600 for everything on ebay, but you should probably not go that route, for reliability sake. I say do a vtec head swap

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
high five! if im not mistaken, im pretty sure everything is illegal where you live lol. So i chose vtec head swap cuz idk what laws are there for full mototr swaps. Theyd never know you did a vtec head swap if you shave the valve cover

treto12

Its not illegal just gives cops an excuse to smash ur car if they ever get under ur hood. As for full engine swaps as long as its from the same make its fine. Cali is wack for sure