90 ef hatch: "Skywarp" WA

neramani

Decepticon
lol, Ok, so I bought this EF in July 2009 and have been slowly working towards making it a great civic. I live in Tacoma WA and there's definitely a lot of other honda heads around. not a lot of efs so much as ek's and eg's but I like efs too much to sell out. my major issues have all been suspension related since the previous owner neglected to mention a collision on the front passenger side, which i was too excited to inspect when i saw the car. got it for a great price and have put just under 3k into it so far. now that im making a little more money (and that my fiance is letting me) i should have the project finished by july of this year. im posting this to get tips/advice/parts on my journey to mugen madness! one thing i already know im going to get guff about is the body kit. i like it, no one else does, so lets just get passed that lol.
things that have gone wrong/been corrected:
  1. front springs were cut (improperly) replaced them and the struts with ones from an acura
  2. wheels were oem and have been replaced with 14 si steelies
  3. original color was "lolgold" so i spray painted it black (professional paint job coming when ive got the body kit molded properly)
  4. studs sheered off on front end (both hubs) both hubs replaced
  5. back end adjustible springs
  6. brand new intake (cant remember the brand lol)
  7. brand spankin new radiator (old one had a crack in the top)
  8. brand new headlamps
  9. replaced fenders on both front sides.
  10. blitz body kit to replace bad front bumper
  11. steel bumper support replaced (old one was banged up bad)
still need to replace the cambers before i can get another alignment and the passenger side axle definitely needs replacing. i'm thinking of putting an sohc vtec in since its only a d15 and an automatic. im pretty ok with the engine as is.

Last edited:

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
post some better pics
body kit doesnt look too bad but i bet you could hav e gotten sir front and rear bumpers for close to the same price

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it doesnt look to be in very good shape

neramani

Decepticon
it doesnt look to be in very good shape
its actually just my camera and the fact that those pictures were taken when the body kit was only sitting on the frame and not bolted on lol. its a strong runner with no issues (other than the aforementioned suspension foul ups)

neramani

Decepticon
my damn car is ruined!!!

on my way to start a new job on st. patricks day, i driving sober ended up having the front end of my car DESTROYED. just to mock me it is a beautiful day.

neramani

Decepticon
im not sure what im going to do. i put the corpse on craigslist. i know im going to buy another honda, but im not sure if i may want to go eg or ek. ugh, thoughts?

dfeg6

5+ Year Member
lol thats the first time ive seen a thread like this, that sucks!

eg all the way! if i could get one i would