90 honda civic hatch for Mazda Rx7?

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Hey CC, hope to get the best input from you guys and gals, everything is welcomed. I have a Honda hatch, and I wanted to trade. Now i'm in a situation where I can trade my civic for a first gen rx7 in working condition. low miles and has been stated to "run great". IDK if I should...these cars are expensive to fix due to the fact that parts are as rare as the car. I've helped my friend build one, kinda(he has been putting it together, it has taken about two years to even get it to turn on). ive seen swaps and such but I want to know if this would be a good, reasonable, respectable, or a smart trade etc. help plz..pros and cons. :?::?::?::shock::(:?:

bump, c'mon, someones gotta have something :/

im not betraying Honda, im Honda to the core but was offered and I just want to know if it is a good trade. especially for someone whom wants to learn so...:D

Last edited by a moderator:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Generally, someone wanting to get rid of a car like that is trying to get rid of a headache.

Your Honda gets better MPG, easier to get parts, probably lower on insurance too. I wouldnt do it.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It really just depends on what you want, if you want a DD then the Civic is probably better. If the RX7 is in "working condition" then you can expect a project so it depends on what you want. When it comes to value, I don't think you have a whole lot at risk because neither car is going to be worth a lot in cash. General rule of thumb though, if somebody offers you a trade, it's never in your best interest.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Generally, someone wanting to get rid of a car like that is trying to get rid of a headache.

Your Honda gets better MPG, easier to get parts, probably lower on insurance too. I wouldnt do it.
thanks, I agree what you say is definitely true...32 vs a possible22-22

It really just depends on what you want, if you want a DD then the Civic is probably better. If the RX7 is in "working condition" then you can expect a project so it depends on what you want. When it comes to value, I don't think you have a whole lot at risk because neither car is going to be worth a lot in cash. General rule of thumb though, if somebody offers you a trade, it's never in your best interest.
yeah...true. I don't drive daily since most things are close, but when I do drive I tend to go kinda far. car appears to have been kept garaged but was tuned up and comes with an incomplete turbo. you guys wanna see pics? I'd go with bs and say odometer rollback but cant tell, so maybe you guys can let me know by what you see since you are more experienced

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Please stop bumping threads when you don't get a response in an hour or a couple of hours. If people feel like answering they will answer. This isn't a chat room with people sitting in waiting for someone to talk.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pics dont work for me.

First gen rx7's are ugly imo...

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey CC, hope to get the best input from you guys and gals, everything is welcomed. I have a Honda hatch, and I wanted to trade. Now i'm in a situation where I can trade my civic for a first gen rx7 in working condition. low miles and has been stated to "run great". IDK if I should...these cars are expensive to fix due to the fact that parts are as rare as the car. I've helped my friend build one, kinda(he has been putting it together, it has taken about two years to even get it to turn on). ive seen swaps and such but I want to know if this would be a good, reasonable, respectable, or a smart trade etc. help plz..pros and cons. :?::?::?::shock::(:?:
Lol this will be fun to reply to. I have an FD and have had an FC in the past as well. The parts are not rare at all and when done properly they are a great car. Mine is boosted and runs great. I've pulled tons of motors on these and if it has taken you and for friend years to build one then you need never work on a car. I can lift a 3 rotor out by myself and have a engine swapped in under 4 hrs. You just need to understand how they work coming from a piston engine to a wankel motor. I love rx7's personally but it depends on how it's been driven when the apex seals were replaced, among a few other things. They can be reliable if you know when and how to work on them.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
The parts are not rare at all and when done properly they are a great car. I can lift a 3 rotor out by myself and have a engine swapped in under 4 hrs. You just need to understand how they work coming from a piston engine to a wankel motor. I love rx7's personally but it depends on how it's been driven when the apex seals were replaced, among a few other things. They can be reliable if you know when and how to work on them.
lol I helped him turn it into a shell, painted white (took abot a week lol )he went on from there and its taken him about a year :p he doesn't know how to save cash I guess and he did a LOT of welds. idk what for but A LOT and wont say.

And ive asked the guy and he doesn't seem to know much on mechanics of the car, he just got it I guess but for it to have 26xxx that's weird, I asked him if he had it garaged and he said that the only thing he knew was that it came from England. he said he drives it 200 miles everyday, didn't say anything about a tune up soo I would guess it might still have old seals.

asked him if it would at least pass smog...haven't heard from him since lol im guessing no but how hard is it for a rx7 to pass smog? I went online and did research and I found that they pass but that simple things like timing throw the sniffer off (reading rich) and that they have to be star inspected (and that usually they are tough inspections) :/