90 swap,items needed questions

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
so i am planning on getting an OBD1 D15B VTEC from a fellow ClubCivic'er for a very nice price to put in my 1990 Civic Dx hatch BUT i have multiple questions haha.

1.my car has a d15b2 OBD0 DPFI motor....can i mock up the MPFI harness with the D15B intake manifold? (can i use the d15b manifold and all its goodness to do the MPFI swap?)

2.will i have to still run the injector resistor box once i convert to obd1? (ive seen diffrent results)

3.also when i get the engine in and start everything what will i need? i know i need a p08 ECU, Jumper harness's from OBD0 to OBD1, OBD1 dizzy....i assume thats it?

4.one more thing my "informant" said its missing the shift linkage out of the tranny...can i use my d15b2 linkage?

i ask all these questions because i have either NOT seen the answer or have seen ALOT of mixed answers,so i ask this just for peace of mind. feel free to add anything you think i might need also cause i wana do it right the first time haha. thank you for looking and i do appologize if this waste's anyones time!

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
bump.....i know someone can help me!

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
1. JDM D15B/CX trans.
2. P28 ECU
3. EX/Si Harness
4. Motor mounts(CX)
5. Linkage(CX)
6. axles(CX)
7. D16Z6 Distributer
8. ACT Clutch
9. OEM Flywheel
Does this look right or am i missing something?

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Bump for ya man!!! I know very little about 4th gens, but my friend has a OBD1 b18b1 in his 90' Hatchback sir ( Canada) and when it was swaped he just totally converted the electrical to OBD1 from OBD0... he just swaped the harnesses and put in Integra parts!

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
thanks man i apprechiate it...im sure im making it over complicated haha but thanks

89Y49Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I believe you need a 4 wire O2 sensor also. But hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in.

89Y49Si

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No problem. I plan on doing an OBD1 swap on my CRX soon. Let me know how easy it is.

James315

1. JDM D15B/CX trans.
2. P28 ECU
3. EX/Si Harness
4. Motor mounts(CX)
5. Linkage(CX)
6. axles(CX)
7. D16Z6 Distributer
8. ACT Clutch
9. OEM Flywheel
Does this look right or am i missing something?
^ This looks right to me and as for the mach up for the dpfi to mpfi not sure i wanna say it will work but im not sure sense its an obd1 intake i cant really think of any reason why it wouldnt. not 100% sure someone who knows for sure willl hopefully clear that up.

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
^ This looks right to me and as for the mach up for the dpfi to mpfi not sure i wanna say it will work but im not sure sense its an obd1 intake i cant really think of any reason why it wouldnt. not 100% sure someone who knows for sure willl hopefully clear that up.
well i know it will mach up.....now would it run right thats a diffrent story. i just wana use it tho mach it up so when i do the swap all my wires are there and the correct length. thankyou for the input im glad finally some people can help me....thanks guys

baytownhatch

There is a book that they sell at autozone and orielys that is all about engine swaps on civics it tells you all you need how to do it and common problems you might run into if your interested I'll post the name of the book and the website you can download or order it from thinking it's like 15-20 dollars

Culberson

condoms prevent minivans
There is a book that they sell at autozone and orielys that is all about engine swaps on civics it tells you all you need how to do it and common problems you might run into if your interested I'll post the name of the book and the website you can download or order it from thinking it's like 15-20 dollars
yeah im deffinatly interested in it,i just got all the parts i need and bout to tear into her so it would be apprechiated

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could always just do a bay harness swap with the motor and retro-fit end plugs where needed.

baytownhatch

Look up the website dseries.com since your staying with the d15 for now. That's an old motor with alot of miles on it I'm sure. Don't do too much to it if your not changing any internals(cams, forged pistons, rods etc.)