91 Crx Crank No Start

Finnfellow89

My '91 CRX wont start but will crank due to no power to fuel pump.

- Engine is a d15y7, Obd1, using d16z6 ecu
-Things i have tried/ replaced include:Main relay, thermostat ground, all under hood grounds, under hood fuse box, tried 2 different d16 z6 ecus,
-The problem first originated when my last motor which was a d16 z6 blew. i got a new motor that was a d15 y7 and we put it in the car.
-The main engine harness was not secured correctly and the harness rubbed up against the frame/motor and melted a bit and had wires that were melted through so i fixed all those.
-IMPORTANT. Now i did have to put a 30a Fuse into the #14 Fuse slot which is the solenoid alternator valve fuse that is usually a 10a fuse (was stranded with no other options) for about 45 min to an hour to get me home. Afterwards put correct fuse in.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It may just be that you need to install the matching D15Y7 ECU.

Also, as suggested in the previous version of the topic, you can find the downloadable full service manual online. Do so then find the wiring diagram to the fuel pump and main relay and trace them. Its possible that some wiring may have somehow been pinched or partially cut in the engine swap process, thus giving you the intermittent issue and cutting off on long drives once the wiring warms up. At this point for you, its worth a try.

Finnfellow89

Well i would but stock is obdo while the car has been converted to obd1. to use the stock ecu i would have to change injectors main engine harness and get the distributor conversion harness as well as the fuel injector resistor box

Oh and i can not even start the car because the fuel pump is not getting power through the fuel pump connector harness that is located in the car

Last edited:

hesterboyfly

Did you ever figure out your problem I'm going through the same problem myself

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Finnfellow89

Did you ever figure out your problem I'm going through the same problem myself

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
well not yet i had it in a buddy's shop but nothing was getting done just yesterday i had the key in the ignition turned in the on position and unhooked the ecu and with the key still on i plugged in a different ecu and i heard the fuel pump kick on and then i turned the key off then back on heard the fuel pump again and then fired her right up. drover her home and parked her on a hill with the fron of the car facing up hill and she would start then die right away. this morning i went out and she started right up and idled fine so i thonk might be bad connection somewhere between engine harness and the ecu

sorry about the grammar and punctuation errors

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not just correct the grammar & punctuation issues instead of apologizing for them?