91 DX Sedan No Dash Lights good switch

joemamathegreat

Hello. I have a 91 Honda Civic DX Sedan and the dash lights are not working. When I got the car the radio was not connected and I wired that and noticed 2 loose red wires that did not belong to anything. Could these wires affect the dash lights in any way. The headlights, tail lights, interior lights, clock, and radio all work only the dash lights are out. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I also checked the dimmer switch after reading a similar problem and it is good as well. The switch is not receiving any power though and I do not know where that would connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

RonJ

Banned
Post pictures of the wires showing their location.

joemamathegreat

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is a picture of the wire. I noticed that when i connected one of the wires to the constant power wire it allowed the dimmer switch to adjust the readings but the dash lights were still not on. Only items like when you are in park or driving had their lights around them so you could still not see your speed or anything else.

Imran520

Hello. I have a 91 Honda Civic DX Sedan and the dash lights are not working. When I got the car the radio was not connected and I wired that and noticed 2 loose red wires that did not belong to anything. Could these wires affect the dash lights in any way. The headlights, tail lights, interior lights, clock, and radio all work only the dash lights are out. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I also checked the dimmer switch after reading a similar problem and it is good as well. The switch is not receiving any power though and I do not know where that would connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
The dash lights require two wires for switching.