91 Honda Accord 2.2l auto

stevenmichaelmcb

Hello. Just bought and suddenly temp gauge rocketed up so turned off. Had plenty of coolant in it. Started up and really bad engine idle speed the goes up and down up and down?? Winter and then. Turned on heat and blows out cold air?? Temp not as hot? Please any idea??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello. Just bought and suddenly temp gauge rocketed up so turned off. Had plenty of coolant in it. Started up and really bad engine idle speed the goes up and down up and down?? Winter and then. Turned on heat and blows out cold air?? Temp not as hot? Please any idea??
:huh: You dont make much sense. Are you aware that you created a new profile and posted on a CIVIC forum, not an Accord forum? Thats why there's no Accord section and you posted in the wrong area. You might have some sort of engine coolant system problem and more, but you should look for answers in an Accord forum.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
yea what hex said but anyways i would replace the water pump and change the thermostat

dancam

Registered VIP
yea what hex said but anyways i would replace the water pump and change the thermostat
BUt why? If he cant type he should take it to a mechanic. He could also just have a bad ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
its not electrical problem that causeing it to over heat and have no heat. that would be the water pump and the thermostat. but personally i always check the water pump by runnign the car without the thermostat if it still over heats water pump is no good and it starting to fail. if it stop over heating and he gets heat then the thermostat is stuck closed.