92-95 4dr Engine swap questions

94EGSPD

I have a 94 civic 4dr with a stock motor. Was wondering what possible engine swaps can be done without losing its efficiency on mpg. Maybe a list of engine swaps that can fit without mounts and or with mounts that have a little more power, and with vtech. Thanks guys

L.D.Forget

before someone else rags you about it, its vtec, not vtech.

You can swap in any D Series engine without motor mounts and very little work.

You can swap in any B series engine/tranny with basically only motor mounts needed.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Most B-series swaps will still get around 30mpg, but they have a little more power.

94EGSPD

just what i needed to know, thanks guys

thebossmeng

5+ Year Member
i just did a ZC SOHC VTEC into my 93 civic lx 4dr, an it was worth it... all parts interchangable, except distributor!

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Finding a LS Integra swap would be your best bet. If youve got the money to spend, find a junk yard that has a complete Integra and ask to have the complete change over. Thats what I did in 2003 for my first swap. It was a little more expensive than what most would pay, but I had a 90 day warranty and they engine swap was VERY clean. IF you need more help, feel free to PM me on here.

95CivyHatch

Finding a LS Integra swap would be your best bet. If youve got the money to spend, find a junk yard that has a complete Integra and ask to have the complete change over. Thats what I did in 2003 for my first swap. It was a little more expensive than what most would pay, but I had a 90 day warranty and they engine swap was VERY clean. IF you need more help, feel free to PM me on here.
i agree with this one cant go wrong with an LS honestly just need the ecu Dc integra mounts shift linkage and axles well worth the swap!!!!!!

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
You wont get much more power from a SOHC, your best bet would be to swap in a B series motor.. GSR is the most expensive, then an LS, and for fairly cheap you can get a B20. But B20+Si tranny don't mix for gas mileage. You'll be running at 4500rpm at around 75mph. So just be careful which engine and tranny you mix.