92-95 K20 powered race car, (no think you know it here)

NorthRyder

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just wondering if the mounts in the coupe and the HB are the same. As I was looking around the internet I dont think that I'v seen one 5th gen coupe with that swap. Can anyone answer if the coupe and the HB have the exact same mounts?? BTW its a dx coupe.

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NorthRyder said:
I'm just wondering if the mounts in the coupe and the HB are the same. As I was looking around the internet I dont think that I'v seen one 5th gen coupe with that swap. Can anyone answer if the coupe and the HB have the exact same mounts?? BTW its a dx coupe.
They have the same mounts rookie. If you noticed those are custom frame mounts that are welded in. Coupe and hatchback have the same front end and mounts.

In this race car the left and right frame mount is not what the car came with stock.

NorthRyder

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice Mr.Pro. thanks for the info!! can you also tell me the weight differance, which one is lighter and which one is havier, because I was wondering if it would be like the H22 an afect the cornering. also how much would it cost to change the a3 into an a2? or the other way around, i mean from the base model to the typeS. the reason is because i can get a base RSX which was in a colision for $7000Cdn. then I wuld be able to do the dash swap as well. Thanks again for puting up with my speeling and answering my questions!!

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now look at this coupe mount. The mount at the left is horizontally mounted to the frame stock.

Hasport will make a weld in and a bolt in kit.

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NorthRyder said:
Very nice Mr.Pro. thanks for the info!! can you also tell me the weight differance, which one is lighter and which one is havier, because I was wondering if it would be like the H22 an afect the cornering. also how much would it cost to change the a3 into an a2? or the other way around, i mean from the base model to the typeS. the reason is because i can get a base RSX which was in a colision for $7000Cdn. then I wuld be able to do the dash swap as well. Thanks again for puting up with my speeling and answering my questions!!
All k-series are a few pounds lighter than a b16, and they will domolish an h22. The price depend where you get it from. Get whatever cheap A3 motor you can get and swap for the a2 (type S or R) cylinder head.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soichiro-Honda said:
ABS is for pussy cats. You can out brake ABS with threshold braking.
My car is a daily driver that I also like to play around with. Just try to out brake a computer that senses each wheel's speed in rain or ice.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On perfectly dry pavement yes. When different wheels are in different traction conditions, no.
You CANNOT differentiate hydraulic pressure to each wheel with one pedal. On perfect controlled conditions it has been established that ABS creates slightly longer braking distances. Welcome to the real world where there is gravel, rain, leaked oil, water, snow, ice...etc...and not all the wheels are always going to be braking on the same kind of surface. Locked front tires do NOT effectively steer the car.

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't know any braking techniques that well to be saying that.
Locked up tires don't steer a car at all.
..............who do you think your talking to?
Don't explain this B.S. to me. Anyone who knows how to brake will know the lock up points of there brakes.
Stop talking about this s**t in this thread.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Look, all I said was that there appeared to be enough room to keep my ABS with this swap. I showed some interest in a thread you created and you went off swinging your e-cock around like you're special. If you don't want ABS, that's fine. If you think you can modulate all four brakes independantly with one pedal that's fine too. But seriously, take a break...you don't have to be an a*****e all the time.

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh boy ok let him hear what he wants to hear : ok whatever you want to think my brakes dont
me I own the brakes.

Martin Racing Design

FKA Carbon Creations
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey Soichiro-Honda,

wheres the pics of your k series? Im raising the :bs: flag that you even have one.

Martin Racing Design

FKA Carbon Creations
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soichiro-Honda said:
Are you bringing the kia thread in here?
buhahah just like i figured. Youd answer like a little b***h, avoiding the question like you've done multiple times before. You're 18. I doubt you have a k20 anything.

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does'nt affect me man this is the internet. No K-series info from me anymore, I decided to give info after that last argument and look now.
: I dont have one, I'm a poser, I don't have a car, etc (its all good)

So my age limits the money I have and, my knowledge?
I will be working overtime for a couple of weeks so I won't be online. I will buy a sony digicam to s**t some pictures in a couple of CC members faces. For some crisp clean pictures since I dont have a digital.

Martin Racing Design

FKA Carbon Creations
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soichiro-Honda said:
Does'nt affect me man this is the internet. No K-series info from me anymore, I decided to give info after that last argument and look now.
: I dont have one, I'm a poser, I don't have a car, etc (its all good)

So my age limits the money I have and, my knowledge?
I will be working overtime for a couple of weeks so I won't be online. I will buy a sony digicam to s**t some pictures in a couple of CC members faces. For some crisp clean pictures since I dont have a digital.
You don't have knowledge. You spit out random bull s**t that you can't back up with facts of any sort. So cool, no K series "info" from you... meaning pictures and specs of company race cars; which I can find on the net in under 30 seconds.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soichiro-Honda said:
oh boy ok let him hear what he wants to hear : ok whatever you want to think my brakes dont
me I own the brakes.

Threshold braking is the human poor equivalent to ABS, the main difference
being that humans can only modulate the wheel that first locks and then
only by sound or chassis feel, rather than knowing the ACTUAL wheel speed
vs. ground speed. Important because best traction on dry pavement is
obtained with the tire braking speeds 8 - 30% slower than ground speed,
depending on tire compound. Alternatively in threshold braking, you can
choose to ignore the locked wheel in favor of modulating the wheels with
the most traction which are probably still turning. Unfortunately, the
meatware providing the servo action is equipped with only two legs, either
one or both to simultaneously operate two braking circuits (on cars built
67 or later)--when the requirement is really four separate braking circuits
and four legs. Worse than a compromise. The parallel processing ability of
the meatware would be far exceeded if the physical requirements WERE met,
rendering the discussion even more moot.

Cliff's Notes: Learn how to drive with ABS or make individual braking circuits for each wheel and grow two additional legs

Note: I still think the K-series is the most interesting swap.