'92 civic hatchback Intake

Zaythegent

Im looking for an new Intake for my hatch and I'm just curious as to what you guys think are the best intakes? i already know I'm going to be getting the Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold with Hondata Intake minifold gasket. does anyone have an opinion of an intake like this?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, you won't see much power increase from an intake. Maybe a noticeable difference in sound, but power.. not so much.

Ep3po

Respected
Go to your local auto parts and pick up a drop in k@n filter. It's an eighth of the price and is going to accomplish about the same thing!!!!and spend the $250 on something else. Cold air intake companys lie about the power gains there minimal at best.you won't feel the difference in the pedal.go on YouTube and look up gutting your Honda factory air box. You trim all the baffles inside for better air flow. And it will make it a little louder and that and a K&N filter will give you the same gains and save you some coin brotha

Zaythegent

Go to your local auto parts and pick up a drop in k@n filter. It's an eighth of the price and is going to accomplish about the same thing!!!!and spend the $250 on something else. Cold air intake companys lie about the power gains there minimal at best.you won't feel the difference in the pedal.go on YouTube and look up gutting your Honda factory air box. You trim all the baffles inside for better air flow. And it will make it a little louder and that and a K&N filter will give you the same gains and save you some coin brotha
Ok! Thanks I think I'll do that, you mean a k&n filter for the box or a pipe?

Zaythegent

Just curious, what are your expectations?
Better sound for now, I'm going to be doing some stuff to the motor and I'm starting at the intake, then intake manifold, then headers/ exhaust system and then whatever happens next