92 civic no spark,no power to fuel pump

bretts

I have a 92 civic d16 z6 and I was driving the car daily no problems then the battery died on my so I jumped it and it started right up and I drove it home. The next morning I went out and tried to start it and it was dead again so I tried to jump it and it will not start. I got to looking at it and notices that the fuel pump wouldn't prime or turn on at all, so I replaced the main relay and the fuel pump and still nothing. I ran a jumper wire from pin 1 to pin 7 on the main realy and the pump turned on then tried a jumper wire from pin 5 to pin 7 and no power to the pump still so I tried 1 to 7 and then 7 to 8 so so the car would run without the relay and the pump would run but the car wouldn't start. And as far as the no spark I replaced the distributor cap and rotor and still nothing so I took out the icm (ignition control module) and tested that and it was good so I put it back together and plugged the main relay back in and still no power to fuel pump or no spark? Anyone have and suggestions? I'm completely stuck at this point! Any help is greatly apreciated! Thanks!

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Main relay controls power to both the dist. And fuel pump. Turn your key to accessory and listen for clicks. You should hear two. First one is the main relay, and the second is the fuel pump I believe. Try swapping the relay our for a known good one.

Also, your battery may be completely discharged if you've had to jump it to even get it to crank. You should diagnose that problem.