92 CX o2 sensor question!!!

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK... so here's the deal. my 92 CX is throwing a code 41. This is the "Primary o2 Sensor Heater" problem. However, my 92 CX (as well as all CX's?) only has a one-wire o2 sensor. it was my understanding that one-wire o2 sensor's were not heated. so, my question, is how can this be? is it just that the o2 sensor is bad? (but if that was the case, wouldn't it throw code 61 - Primary o2 Sensor)? i've already gotten a universal one-wire o2 sensor that i will splice into my o2 harness this weekend... don't really want to drop $200+ on a Honda sensor if that's not the problem... so the $20 "fix" will be my first step.

my mechanic was convinced it was my MAP sensor (code 5). however, it's definately 4-long and 1-short (code). also, i swapped the MAP sensor from my 93 EX... no change (in code or performance... car just running a little rough). so that shouldn't be the problem.

anyone have any suggestions or comments? over at HT, there was a post there were someone had the same issue as mine (was never resolved "online" however)... but, in that post, the point of "5th gen CX's don't have a heated o2 sensor" came up... they were convinced that the code could not of been 41.

just want to know what others think... or if anyone has run into something similar... or any other suggestions????

TIA... TenzoMonk

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone? Bueller?