92 SI Cooling system

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In a bind right now.

Can anyone post a diagram for the cooling system from the back of the engine block to the rear of the IM. I have a leak back there and have a Skunk2 Mani w/ the long runners and its going to be a pain in the ass to get to it as it sits real damn close to one of the brake lines.

On another note, what would happen if i bypass that box on the back of the IM? Need help now. Have to drive this to Tennessee this week and am running out of time.

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok,

found where it was leaking...all it took was me going away for ten minutes and getting a cup of coffee.

the hose is leaking right at the bung where it goes in that box from the right side of the cooling system as you stand in front of the engine (yes, i know...i said bung).

still curious if i can bypass that box, or should i just look to get a new piece of hose and a betting fitting?

psychotic_civic

You talking about the "box" that leads to the heater core inside the car.....if so then yea you can bypass that. Just look for another hose coming from the firewall to the engine and hook a hose between the two.

chiliredDX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the help, but lemme be a bit more specific since i dont have a picture to use. On the D15B7 IM there is a small box about 1"x1"x3" roughly on the back side of the IM right next to the TB. Believe me its there, go scrape the grime off yours and you will see it. On the underside of it are two hoses. One is in Inlet and the other is an outlet. Each of the hoses measure roughly 3/8" OD.

Now, keep in mind, i am using a skunk2 IM and TB and am on a bit of a time crunch. Apologize for being terse in my message as well. My hayne's manuel was stolen from me and having not had my hands on the car in a year ive kinda lost step with the names of some of the pieces. Perks in being in the military.

So, please, any help is greatly appriciated