'93 Civic EH2 Hatch

VozEH2

I just bought a '93 Civic EH2 Hatch for $1500, its in "okay" condition, and im looking to do so much to this hatch, and i just dont know what to do so, i figured some people can help me with that right now, .
At the moment i have $100 left over, but im getting paid again in a week or two, so ill have more money then, but what can i do with 100 dollars?, and if nothing, what should i do when i have the money?.
I have some pictures below, there not the best quality but they will do.

http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y351/eXeReyZz/Hatch/

I have a small problem with the hood, its not closing fully no matter how much pressure i put on it, or how hard i slam it, and i dont know what to do.

Also, its NOT A VTEC, but im going to be getting a vtec engine, and then swap them out, so put that aside for now.

PS* I also want to get a paint job, so what color should i pick?, i was thinking either a nice blue or a nice gray.

Ek_Rider

interior not to bad it looks great !!!! first things first ! are there any problems with the vehicle if so i would put money into fixing the car first, only because if this is a long term project you dont wanna dump alot of money into aftermarket parts and then your car breaks down and then your beating yourself up because you spent all your money.i know its happened haahaha also paint color what color is your favorite color do plan on color combo parts if you just want paint then just choose a color you like, but if you want to color match parts look for the parts you want and match a color with them or else you end up with a blue car green lca's purple beaks bar you get the point hahaha just have fun with your car im sure you can make it look great....

VozEH2

interior not to bad it looks great !!!! first things first ! are there any problems with the vehicle if so i would put money into fixing the car first, only because if this is a long term project you dont wanna dump alot of money into aftermarket parts and then your car breaks down and then your beating yourself up because you spent all your money.i know its happened haahaha also paint color what color is your favorite color do plan on color combo parts if you just want paint then just choose a color you like, but if you want to color match parts look for the parts you want and match a color with them or else you end up with a blue car green lca's purple beaks bar you get the point hahaha just have fun with your car im sure you can make it look great....
Alright!, Thanks!, and i wasnt planning on putting on after market parts!(for now atleast) , i was just planning on getting new wiring, a new engine, and a whole bunch of new parts to bring everything but the body back down as low as i can in mileage, and i was also planing on a better smaller steering wheel, and new bucket racing seats(comfortable as f***), and with the new engine and stuff, making it manual not automatic.
as with the paint, i think i might go with the blue, and have the engine and parts go red, maybe a couple parts like a orange or something, but other then that, everything should really match up, and i dont want a dark color like grey or black, cause in the summer its hot as hell!.

you might wanna check for any rust.
Where are you asking me to check?, under the car?, or the engine and parts?
the engine is okay, some cleaning could help, and under the car is probably filled with rust because its a 93, and in NY, the roads have salt in them so it eats at the metal and causes it to rust.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say save ur money and save for a nicer car...

VozEH2

im not trying to buy a nicer car and then upgrading it, im trying to make a bad or okay car, into a good car, to teach me how to do certain things, and to learn,and mostly for the fun of it.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do i do about the hood not closing.
By all means don't slam the hood any harder to try to get it to close.
Chances are, the latch or spring within the mechanism is gunked up.
Take the entire latch assembly out, clean it with degreaser /brake clean, loosen the parts up and lubricate with white lithium grease, reinstall.