'93 Civic ZC Swap

CraigJamez42

So I have a '93 Civic EX with a Z6 and am looking into getting a ZC engine and dropping it in. I've been researching and have read some conflicting things. What I've gained is that the motor should drop right in and the only thing I would need is a P29 ecu, also read the axles and my Z6 trans will work with it. I don't need speed. Just a reliable DD considering I just got a job that's 20 miles away. i just want some reassurance that this engine will drop right in and i wont need anything else except maybe the ECU. Thanks for the input ahead of time.:twisted:

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
depending on your local government and laws, you may run into issues with smog. if you want a reliable DD keep the motor you have, or get another d motor. hell ANY motor made by honda is "reliable" if you use your local craigslist you will find some for sale from time to time. also our users classified ads have these motors for sale from people you can trust, we have an itrader rating system that is like ebay feedback so you can buy with confidence! best of luck =)

CraigJamez42

The motor is fairly close to me and I dont have to worry about smog or any of that. My odometer reads 263xxx but allegedly the guy i bought it from a year ago had a lower mileage Z6 swapped in but had no paperwork. It's impossible to find a Z6 with low miles so i figured this would be a good choice for a somewhat fresh start.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is there a reason you want to swap, ie. smoking, slipping?

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Which Zc is this, since there are a few variants.

The P28 will run it, but may throw a CEL.

I had an OBD1, DOHC ZC in my '93 Civic Dx hatch, dropped right in, bolted up, used an EX trans and my stock PO6 ECU, no codes.