93 coupe doesnt want to run

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
Okay, heres my problem... I get into my car and start it up, everythings fine. about a haf second after i start the car it starts making a weird sound almost like its bogging down, the RPMs drop all the way out and the engine is off. I give it another try and get nothing like the engine doesnt want to turn over. Then for some reason i feel like push starting it, but cant get it onto the driveway from the grass... i get in and turn the key and all is fine.. or so i thought. The same thing happend as the first time. :?: Anybody know anything about it, or had similar problems with their cars? btw if it matters its a D16z6. Thanks in advance

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dirty injectors... check your spark plugs....

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
actually now that you say injectors... it has been boggin down when i change gears sometimes... should i go with the fuel injector cleaner or just replace the injectors? also how difficult is it to replace injectors if needed?

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty easy... its a matter of unpluggin the harness, unscrewing a couple bolts, taking off the fuel rail, and unpluggin the injectors.

im pretty sure you need to purge the gas line somehow.. i cant remember if theres a method or if you just set up a catch-can and be quick like a ninja.

i have some 240cc (stock) injectors for sale if needed ;)

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
hmm i do simple things like install an intake, put rims on myself, change the oil bla bla bla... but im not too sure about changing injectors :???:

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did you fuel pump start to take a crap or fuel main relay?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
:???:

hey deftones did you ever hang around dover? i lived in dover for a few years.. just moved to SC about 8/9 months ago

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whtcivic93 said:
hmm i do simple things like install an intake, put rims on myself, change the oil bla bla bla... but im not too sure about changing injectors :???:
on a difficulty scale, 1-10...

id put oil filter at a 2 (space constraints)
and injector install at a 3 (space constraints and more stuff to remove)

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
oh, good stuff.. ill definately give a shot then. Its weird though my car gave me no problems today, it cranked right up and drove fine all day :???:

Civic92jak

1 Cr8zy H Nut!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd say maybe a dirty fuel filter. But injectors are insanely easy, its three nuts, one big nut-cap on the fuel line and four clips on the injectors, any uneducated fool could do it. Just gotta remember where you took the stuff from and put it back.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
the only thing holdin me back is the word FUEL... i was reading the haynes manual and it says i just need to releive any fuel pressure in the system before i do it... would i have to worry about clamping anything off so fuel doesnt leak, or is that only going to happen if i dont let the pressure out of the system before i start?

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
well after discovering its wasnt my fuel injectors, and thats its the main fuel relay... i have some questions. anyone replace theirs before and where is it.. i think i found it but im not sure :???: ill post pics of what i think is it, i know its under the dash right next to the fuse box but once i get there im kinda lost. oh yeah anybody know of a price on one of these suckers?

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
have you had your car checked out.. I had the same thing happen to me and it ended up being the Ignition Coil cost me about 211 bucks to fix check that out when you get a chance.. you could try by having one of your buddies try to start your car and check with your spark plug wires spark up.. if they don't then just get a new Ignition Coil at like auto zone or something very easy to install will cost only 85 bucks compaired to my rip off $55 computer hook up $127 for Ignition Coil and $30 labor.. try that and let me know how it go's