93 EG Exhaust Help

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member

============

Pretty disgusting, ii kno. Started with the weld area just rusting away |which you can see up there| then the Cat just basically falling off on its own. So i just took the whole damn thing off cause its pretty much useless now anyway ! Eg's a daily driver so driving w. a Header+Downpipe only is what im doing right now to get from work & back. Checks coming nxt week & im wondering if i should just settle w. this ebay deal --)) | http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CIVIC-92-95-EG-CATBACK-EXHAUST-HEADER-CAT-93-94_W0QQitemZ180382598593QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRace_Car_Parts?hash=item29ffa405c1 |

or wait lil longer nd get some brand name header+exhaust? Looked it up in the "How=To's" & some say ebay exhaust have lasted them for ah long time others say drop down 500-700 bucks . What do you guys think? Got ah stock D16 btw.

Hazy3gs

5+ Year Member
i had your same problem. i would say if you want something that is a direct bolt on get a name brand. i went with the apexi noir. im really happy with it. bolted right up. a stock replacement exhaust was 400 mine was 490 shipped to my door.

heres some pics
rusted cat where the mid pipe met

where the cat used to be

old exhaust

new exhaust

new exhaust installed

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id say order a new system thats brand name, ive always liked megan racing exhausts, or apexi is nice too IMO

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
i had your same problem. i would say if you want something that is a direct bolt on get a name brand. i went with the apexi noir. im really happy with it. bolted right up. a stock replacement exhaust was 400 mine was 490 shipped to my door.

Nice man, i was actually looking @ the apexi noir last nite. Hows it sound?
Watchu think i should do bout my Header + downpipe? tryna replace those too.

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
id say order a new system thats brand name, ive always liked megan racing exhausts, or apexi is nice too IMO
also was looking at megan , there ah bit cheaper. I wanna buy one exhaust + header that will lastt soo i mite just go with brand name. tryna do it rite the 1st time around.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also was looking at megan , there ah bit cheaper. I wanna buy one exhaust + header that will lastt soo i mite just go with brand name. tryna do it rite the 1st time around.
yeahgood idea man, i dont have headers YET but my megan catback was 390 shipped to my door, and it sounds great and looks good too, and a highflow cat helps too, i picked one up and cant complain

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
yeahgood idea man, i dont have headers YET but my megan catback was 390 shipped to my door, and it sounds great and looks good too, and a highflow cat helps too, i picked one up and cant complain
Right after i get my radiator support thats the 1st thing ima do, is get ah exhaust. megan got good prices too, thxs fah the heads up.:lol:

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well it was like 330 plus shipping, it was from like wesellcarparts.com or something like that, shipped fast too

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
even though megan isn't a "name brand" from what I've heard it holds up pretty good especially if it's for a DD and it sounds good.

Hazy3gs

5+ Year Member
I am very happy with my apexi noir exhaust. It's quiet till about 3500rpms then it starts to wake up. I looked at the Megan exhaust but was unsure of it. Plenty of people use them and are happy. If you don't mind spending around 500 you can get an apexi or greddy exhaust. If your strapped for cash I'm sure the Megan will be just fine.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my cat was JUST like this. It sucks, i just went to my local canadian tire and picked up a hi-flow cat for like $100 or somehting like that, id recommend you do the same unless you wanna pay more for a big name brand

ReGGaeKiinG

5+ Year Member
my cat was JUST like this. It sucks, i just went to my local canadian tire and picked up a hi-flow cat for like $100 or somehting like that, id recommend you do the same unless you wanna pay more for a big name brand
ii livee in boston, buh i think i can find one round that pricee. where'd you buy yah exhaust at? nd how much?

91civicfreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
or run custom straight pipe to a glasspack and a muffler. cheaper, but need a welder