93 Ex

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Heres my 93 EX with only 70 thou miles on it....I just bought it last fall. I am currently preping it for turbo. I only have CAI, headers, and cat back on it now. It runns pretty good! I am happy. I am about to get rims and am not sure what to get. I cannot drop the car (because in MA it gets pretty snowy) and I don't want to get stuck. So I was wondering what size and color you guys think I should get........

17's or 16's
Gunmetal or Black....

....Since the car is Barney plum (LOL) and the trim is black, I was thinking Gunmetal will not go with the color scheme. Black rims with a crome lip should look good.....anyone else have this color civic with aftermarket rims??

kiCKiN_tuRBo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go with rota slipstreams, check on ebay they have alot and there cheap and look good

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What color do you think would be best for the plum and black setup?

kiCKiN_tuRBo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well for ur set up... i would get black rims with the polished lip, black housing headlights, red/clear taillights, and carbon fiber hood, lip and trunk if u like that

ZimZimma13

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kiCKiN_tuRBo said:
i would go with rota slipstreams, check on ebay they have alot and there cheap and look good

Dont buy them off ebay. I believe there is someone on here in the classifieds thats a certified Rota dealer, go through them, also i know over at HAN CashisEG8 sells them as well. But yeah I think gunmetal w/ polished lip would look good.

oh and Mark....you can definately drop your car even tho your in mass. I live in NH and go to school down near boston. See my sig my tires are almost tucked. You wont get stuck, just drive smart. (of course those rims arent on in the winter, my stock stealies are with meaty winter tires ;) )

If you're really THAT concerned about the winter get coilovers (Ground Control or Skunk2) that way you can raise the car back up in the winter. I have GC's and was planning on raising it back up but its not that neccessary, plus I'd have to get an alignment and thats just not worth the trouble IMO.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I get them off ebay they are only like 3-400$. Thats pretty cheap. Thanks though. I definitly need to get better tires than what I have now....I have a quick question, If you look at my clear corners you can see they are "whiter" than my headlights. It doesn't match....will the "Diamond" clear corners fix this?

imp0rtfre4k

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the *diamond* headlights wont be a perfect match either. i just suggest to stay away from jdm amber headlights... it will not look good with the color of your car... not at all

Ninefivejiggaja

Milano Em1 Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah dotn go with jdm ambers you gotta be careful with the colors you chose. I'd go black and carbon fiber on that bad boy.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not a big fan of the TYC projector headlights, but they might look good on your car with your color scheme

I got the pic from www.racerwheel.com

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I actually got lights very similar to those. They are one piece projector headlights. They look sweeeet. I will port pics as soon as I get them....thanks all!!

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup buy my gunmetal wheels =) they are 17's

I dont like them TYC headlights, im not a fan of that amber piece they got.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
recent mods:
Dual Halo eye one piece headlights
Altezza Tails (not sure about keepong them)
17 Motegi FF7's
205/40/17 Essenza Type R's
Glow gauges
Iridium Pulgs/ NGK Wires

Pics up soon!!

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Mark7901 said:
recent mods:
Dual Halo eye one piece headlights
Altezza Tails (not sure about keepong them)
17 Motegi FF7's
205/40/17 Essenza Type R's
Glow gauges
Iridium Pulgs/ NGK Wires

Pics up soon!!
sounds nice man, glad you didnt go with the tyc's (i hate orange)
post pics up SOON!

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
17" bronze rims...but dont get it if your not gonna lower it...it would look lame

JspecCivic93

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 93 Ex coupe with 1 piece projectors i recently posted it so you can see what it looks like with black backed lights and a black car.

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lowered

Here is with the lowering springs....Not much of a difference, but I like it...

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mark7901 said:
Here is with the lowering springs....Not much of a difference, but I like it...
OMG!!!
Dood! I have NEVER seen a plum civic that looked kool, but you pulled it off! Holy Crap! Awesome job! Looks damn good! the headlights and wheels turned out great!
How much of a drop is that?
I have no idea how much mine is since i got them there coil over thing a ma jigs.
But, every now and then I'll slam the hell outa her like the pic in my sig for awhile, then raise it back up to around where your car sits for comfort and piece of mind.
How much were the wheels and what kind are they? they look great!

Mark7901

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brookliner7 said:
OMG!!!
Dood! I have NEVER seen a plum civic that looked kool, but you pulled it off! Holy Crap! Awesome job! Looks damn good! the headlights and wheels turned out great!
How much of a drop is that?
I have no idea how much mine is since i got them there coil over thing a ma jigs.
But, every now and then I'll slam the hell outa her like the pic in my sig for awhile, then raise it back up to around where your car sits for comfort and piece of mind.
How much were the wheels and what kind are they? they look great!

Thanks man! Ill be getting the windows tinted soon, so that should add to the black on plum look I was going for. I will proably end up painting it black next year (after the winter) but Im not really sure yet.....The drop is 1.5" in the back and 1.8" in the front. I kinda wish I went for the 2"..oh well....The wheels are Motegi FF7's. They are made by American Racing Wheels....They where around $500 shipped to my house. But I suggest shoping around because the clear coat is kindof starting to come off (which is common I found out NOW). I might keep it plum depending on how the CF hood looks with it.