93 Honda Civic DX Single Cam

JLMcivic18

Whats up everyone, Im kind of new to the forum but I figured if I need answers where else? I own a 93 Honda Civic DX. Its A Single Cam 1.5L Engine. My question is, instead of putting in another engine, what are some upgrades I can do to make this car faster?

Xiantyl

Well Is it an automatic or manual? Do you wanna go forced induction or Naturally aspirated? :o First thing you can buy is a CAI or SRI ,

JLMcivic18

Well that's kind of why im here. Im really new to all this. Its a manual. What's the difference in forced and naturally. And which would be better. Also its a d15b7.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that's kind of why im here. Im really new to all this. Its a manual. What's the difference in forced and naturally. And which would be better. Also its a d15b7.
Forced induction is turbos, superchargers, nitrous. Naturally aspirated means its all motor. And they each have their own advantages and disadvantages. But if you are new to all of this then i recommend doing a LOT of research and just learn. It'll take some time.

sbinqnz718

EH9SVTEC
5+ Year Member
see if u can put a vtec head on ur non vtec block of so...do that ....then start buyin aftermarket parts ....header, exhaust, CAI, etc etc

THEDARKONE

Registered VIP
to be honest unless you put a turbo on a d series your waisting your time! better to swap!

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my fresh build z6 is doing pretty good. i'm hanging with them LS swaps.
well if you know how to work on motor then i suggest just to buy a z6 motor and do a built.
other wise, intake, header, catback etc etc