93 LX Sedan: Under a bit of Construction???

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
Old Thread..
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=88535

Relocated AFC and got new radio/cd player

SUPER TYTE ebay wheel and shift boot

MAD CRAZY weight reduction

4th gen. Prelude seats

WTF do I need a UEGO for?

Oh..

The turbo install obviously isn't complete.

I'm having a b***h of a time getting the damn snap ring on to hold the freaking BOV down.

Needs...
-BOV install
-DSM 450s install
-Walbro 255 install
-Vac. lines put together
-Boost gauge install

I hope to get it done by this Wednesday, so hopefully that Hurricane doesn't hit me.

I am also in the process of Repainting my interior black.

P.S. - Ignore my numerous dents, scratches, spray can bumpers.

DX raceR

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looking like its on its way.. nice

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey looking nice..... i hope your ready for me cause i have a eg8 coming for you...lol......hey nice setup.......dont worry about the hurricane.......oh yeah what kind of mod did you have to do for the seats to fit????but overall your car is coming out nice...keep it up......

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like it.
it's looking very nice.
turbo-d is always ftw.

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
DEEGORILLA06 said:
hey looking nice..... i hope your ready for me cause i have a eg8 coming for you...lol......hey nice setup.......dont worry about the hurricane.......oh yeah what kind of mod did you have to do for the seats to fit????but overall your car is coming out nice...keep it up......
I cut the little leg things off my old civic seats (I forgot what they are called..they are the things where you bolt the seats down to the chassis) and then did the same to the lude seats. Then I welded the things to the Prelude sliders. I could have also changed the sliders completely, or changed the seat pans too. Either way would work.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Svr_Civic

dont try, dont fail
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eeek only thing i dont like is where the moldings were shaved... looks like someone did a shitty job

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
chimmychongaz said:
I cut the little leg things off my old civic seats (I forgot what they are called..they are the things where you bolt the seats down to the chassis) and then did the same to the lude seats. Then I welded the things to the Prelude sliders. I could have also changed the sliders completely, or changed the seat pans too. Either way would work.

Thanks for the comments guys.

you dont have to do that. 3 of the 4 bolt holes line up, the 4th you have to grind out a bit to make it fit, as i have the same seats in my 5th gen.

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
Svr_Civic said:
eeek only thing i dont like is where the moldings were shaved... looks like someone did a shitty job
Indeed.
Thank the previous owner for that.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
please paint the drums black, and primer that car, and change out the $60 cd player. other than those things i like it man, love to see turboed single cams

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
I def. am not going to primer the car and drive around with it that way. My car may look worse than a primered car, but there are some things I just can't stand. Also, the CD player was far from $60. Though it was still cheap compared to others, I'm not going to spend $300+ on a radio/cdplayer.

The gay yellow drums are bothersome, but I'm not going to paint them. I'm going to put rear disc brakes on it after I'm done dealing with the turbo.

EGlude Attitude

All Motor Militia
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good, one thing though....repainting the interior black? Please don't tell me you're spray painting the door panels. I have the stock gray interior in my 4 door and I've thought about a stock black dash and center console from a EG hatch but the door panels wouldn't match. Then again I guess you're in the same situation with the Integra dash. I'm eager to see how the color change works out for you, then I might try it for myself.

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
I'm using Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spraypaint. I've only had the time to do the two rear panals. You can partially see one of the black door panals in the pictures of my Prelude seats and the removed rear seats.

They turned out very good. Then I replaced the fabric in the middle of the door panal with some black suede like material from Wal-Mart. I'll update again once I have it all finished.

Thank you.

chimmychongaz

'92 Civic POS Edition
5+ Year Member
Got the car running today. I set the boost for only 5psi, and took it out to street tune it for daily driving. I got on it only twice on the way to the spot to tune to see if the turbo even spooled. The turbo-set up works just FINE. My friend who is tuning the car had the AFC set a little rich before hand though.

Anywho, we finally get to the spot where we are going to street tune. I pop the hood and a good bit of smoke comes up. I look in the engine bay to see coolant has spilled out somehow. WTFzors right? I go and look at the temp. gauge and the s**t is all the way to H. Well f**k me sideways for not paying attention to the temp.

So we let the car cool off and we drive it back. We pulled over a few times for a couple of minutes when the temp got 3/4ths of the way to H. While in the parking lot, I see where the coolant is leaking from. A TINY little crack on the top of the radiator next to the that big thermostat hose (I really don't know the name of it) is letting coolant spurt(sp?) out of it. So I'll be going to the junkers tomorrow to pull a used radiator from civic.

"If it's not one thing, it's another." right?

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice do0d.. just get a dohc del sol radiator.....

it has come a long way.. :thumbs up

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice man, for Ebay that steering wheel isn't that damn bad =)

another Florida member FTW!