93 Octane Vs. 91 Octane K20a2

K20A2CIVIC

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and needing some help. I'm looking at an 01 Civic Lx with a K20a2 swap in it. He said he had it tuned for 93 octane but where i live i can only get 91 octane. Will this be a problem and should i have it retuned? All help is appreciated. :???: :oops:

PERKS

you should have any issues you just wont make as much power like 4-7hp drop on the octane drop

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unless he also did internal work to ramp up the compression ratio you shouldn't have to worry about the octane difference. I don't think you'll have a HP drop either as lower octane fuel burns hotter and faster.

K20A2CIVIC

Here is a list of the engine mods for the car

-low mileage k20a2 swap,no strange noises and doesnt burn any oil. -Brian Crower stage 2 cams,springs and retainers. -RBC intake manifold,Karcepts spacer,ITR t-body,bloxv-stack filter. -Comptech stepped stainless header -3" Buddy Club catback exhaust w/ high flow cat and brand new OEM O2 sensor. -K-Pro ECU -brand new RDX 410cc injectors -Hasport mount kit -Koyo aluminum radiator

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The bottom end sounds stock, so you should be good to go.

K20A2CIVIC

Thanks for all the help guys. Looks like nothing is holding me back now and i'll be getting it soon. :D I'm going to miss my gti though ....:cry: